• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stepside Box Question

secret indy

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone out there would have a picture of how the stepside box framing fastens to the chassis? Have done multiple searches on line but coming up empty handed. Even the FSM for my 80 has no usable info on this. I've been told the front left mount is different than the fleetside. Any pics or links would be much appreciated.
Brett

If I can remember the next time I'm out there working on the Warlock I'll try and get a couple of pictures for you Brett . If I'm lucky the mounting stuff might even be on my spare bed so I can get some really good shots for you . But like I said that's if I'm lucky . lol

Here the front drivers side ( left )

IMG_2384.jpg

And here's the front passenger side ( right ) .

front pass right.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg The ones in the middle just kind a rest on the frame .

IMG_2385.jpg

For some reason the rear mounts didn't come out . If you think you need any shots of the rear then just let me know and I'll try again . It basically bolts right to the frame on both sides in the rear ........ Hope these helped .

Great shots. Thanks. This part of my dilemma also. I placed my pcs on my frame and the wood sits on the front three cross members and has a gap on the back one. Should it not sit on this one too? All the markings on the wood indicate it did.
photo.jpg

photo.jpg

I leveled the frame on the floor and the wood sits level also. I'm not sure what year the box and framing is but the chassis im using is an 83.

back of bed.jpg I know it's not a very good picture but do you have this bracket ?

back of bed.jpg

Yes, that one is one the right side of the picture. The one on the left is the very back brkt which has a gap under it. All the rest sit level. Not sure what I'm missing here. It's my first crack at a Stepside box so it's a learning curve.

Sorry it took a little bit to get back to you . I had a couple of issues with my Ramcharger that I had to take care of . I did make time to start painting my frame on the Warlock one of the days and I looked at the other side for you . Both sides on mine have that same drop bracket in the rear .

Maybe mine is missing them on the back. I"m having a friend bend me up a new piece for the back but 1" taller which will fill the gap. Will fix my problem. I'm not doing a factory resto so it doesn't have to be correct, just effective.
The project
013.jpg

013.jpg

MAN , That look's like it's going to a beast ! What's going under the hood ? It's a 78 bed , what year is the truck ?

It's getting a 92 cummins. Picked up a parts truck so the whole drive train is going in. The body is an 83 but it's getting 70's sheet metal and of course a 78 grill. Just trying to mock up the body n box to make sure i'm not missin anything. Then pull them off and drag the frame back to work for some more fabricatoin and then a final sandblast b4 piant.

Well if it come's out anything like your other truck then I "know" it'll come out wicked ! :biggrin1:

Thanks, I'm hoping it will. Have most everything worked out I want to do to this truck but as always things end up getting changed midsteam. Hoping to have it finished for summer 2015. Have a couple of friends that are mopar guys that are keeping me motivated cause they want to see it done.

I'd like to see it done to ! lol Are you going to do any sort of a build tread ?

Actually hadn't really thought about it. Not a bad idea. Might just do that. Been taking some pics with my phone as I've been progressing.
Just out of curiousity, how did you identify my box as a 78?

Back