• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering Stability

dart4forte

Reaction score
The truck is a 74 stepside. It’s been lowered via van LCAs. Been experiencing a wobble at around 35mph and smooths out around 60. Someone along the life of the truck welded some angle iron from the frame in vicinity of the steering box to the core support. Looks like they were trying to address the stress the box puts on the frame. I’m thinking of cutting out that ankle iron bracing and add the correct brace from the steering box to the core support. Also thinking of adding a brace that ties the left and right stub. Anyone else deal with this and what did you do?

The truck is a 74 stepside. It’s been lowered via van LCAs. Been experiencing a wobble at around 35mph and smooths out around 60. Someone along the life of the truck welded some angle iron from the frame in vicinity of the steering box to the core support. Looks like they were trying to address the stress the box puts on the frame. I’m thinking of cutting out that ankle iron bracing and add the correct brace from the steering box to the core support. Also thinking of adding a brace that ties the left and right stub. Anyone else deal with this and what did you do?
I have no answer.
Hope this helps.

Back