• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Started on my Dak

old tired rebel

Reaction score
We started on my Dak today. I have some pictures on how to fix my roof. I can't get a stud welder to help pull out the dents. Is there another way to do this.

100_4197-500.gif

100_4198-500.gif

100_4199-500.gif

100_4200-500.gif

What year is yours Reb? Looks like you might have to pull the carpet for a good scrubbing and shop vac finish.

it's a 94 club cab. I have carpet cleaner and a brush. I hope I don't have to take out my carpet. I am trying to find out if I have rotors with the wheel studs or if I have a separate hub assembly and rotor.

Instead of a stud gun type of pulling why not go old school with a slide hammer or whatever they are called? There is also another system that is like the stud gun setup but its welds it self to the panel and you have a big fulcrum point for leverage, but if you can't find a stud gun I doubt you will find this setup either.

I found a stud welder,my problem is buying it.The cheapest was Harbor Freight,if I get one I have to be able to use it more than one time.

No it's too cold to work on it here. They are calling for snow in my garage tonight`

old tired rebel that's a cool old Dakota project... what's the overall plans for the project ??

Back