• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Southern Minnesota Restorers show

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Went to a show yesterday that always has a good turnout at a great time of year. It's an all make show, but I bleed Mopar so that's what I took pics of, except one GM that the owner put a blower on, and a Ford that was running a slant 6.

IMAG3137.jpg
IMAG3138.jpg
IMAG3139.jpg
IMAG3140.jpg
IMAG3059.jpg
IMAG3094.jpg
IMAG3057.jpg
IMAG3058.jpg
IMAG3060.jpg

And the non Mopar ones:

IMAG3159.jpg
IMAG3161.jpg
IMAG3147.jpg
IMAG3149.jpg
IMAG3151.jpg

Forgot about this one. The owner lives in my town, the show was an hour north. It's a Mini Cooper pickup. Out of the millions of Mini's made they only made 12,000 pickups. Running an 850cc 4 cylinder with a manual. 35hp can go 65, but prefers 55.

IMAG3070.jpg

Good looking show. My wife's first car was a Mini. Very hard to drive when you're 6'4"....had my legs all over the place in that car :rolleyes:

Look's like a good show . I'm not sure what it's like in other parts of the country . But around here at the car shows they don't have to many class's for trucks . Were lucky if they even have a truck class and if they do then they either put us all together in one truck class or sometimes they might have a two wheel drive and a four wheel drive class and that's it . It drives me nuts when I bring my truck to a show and it's mixed in with everything else .

They were sorted by year, and stock or modified. 2 wheel and 4 wheel were together. Not too many 4 wheel were there, and no old WWII vehicles.

Yah see that's a shame . There's some really nice trucks out there ( as you can see in your pictures ) and the car shows rarely have a good spot for them . Personally I think they should open up to more class's for trucks at these shows . I'll go to a show and they'll have a dozen class's for vette's and a dozen for Camaro's and another dozen for Mustangs . But when it comes to truck class's , I'll be lucky if there's one let alone two . Sometimes I even have to enter in the unfinished just to be able to enter . It's either that or enter in the one Mopar class they have sitting next to something like a totally built GTX .

Some really good pics of the trucks in your area. Down here most are chevys. ThenI do live 40 miles from Mexico,.. I liked the studes, I lived in the next town over from the plant in Southbend Ind. Most every body I knew had a dad or uncle that worked there and a lot of people bought them because they were a "local" company. After they folded in 64, the Avanti was still made there. When I got out of high school, I worked there for a while doing the dash wireing. In case you didnt know it the Big duce and one quarter army trucks trucks were built there also. So were those little jeep right hand steer Mail trucks. The little ones. I drove a boat load of those to the rail yard to be loaded and shipped out. Oh well, Thanks for shareing

Back