• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Slant-318 swap

Green_dodge

Reaction score
I have a 1967 d100 it was given to me by my family my great grandpaw purchased it and im 3rd owner now so it has a 225 slant 6 it hasnt ran since the 90s im not really worried about it running im sure i could condition it to run again but i am thinking since my buddy has a 318 how would i go avout swapping a 318 into it and btw its a step side short bed and it has the 3 on a tree transmission i don't have casting numbers off it yet but it also has the 8 3/4 rearend anybody done this? What do i need to swap is?

I can't remember what the motor mount set up was on the 67 . If it was a 72 or newer I could say for sure . Maybe one of the guy's here with an early Dodge can help with that part . But off the top of my head your going to need the motor mounts and V8 engine brackets , 318 truck oil pan and dip stick , small block truck exhaust manifolds or headers , radiator , small block throttle brackets as well as all the brackets and pulley's for the 318 . What are you thinking of for a transmission ? The three speed ?

Back