• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sherman fenders?

So far as I can tell there's only one Chinese company making them It's all in how you like your stuff to look & fit If you want nice you need to chase down some nice Dodge fenders

Go as far inland as you can then go look or surf the CL If door gaps & weird body lines don't matter then use them

Just because it says Sherman doesn't mean it's the same quality as a Sherman E or B body part

I had a Sherman labeled rocker that a customer brought me & a $18 one from ebay that I already had & laid the two together both exactly the same right down to the worn spot in the stamping at the front where it meets the fender

I have a 73-74 Charger quarter patch that has both Sherman and Goodmark stickers on it.

Interestingly, I passed a mid 80's truck just yesterday, that had black (possibly e-coat) 72-80 style fenders on it.

They looked and fit really good.

Interestingly, I passed a mid 80's truck just yesterday, that had black (possibly e-coat) 72-80 style fenders on it.

They looked and fit really good.[/QUOTE]

When you put that fender on a 81 up truck the door laps the fender due to the change in body lines If you like the fit then buy them

Bob's right about the way a lot of these after market fenders fit . You really have to work them to make them fit properly and even then you don't always get them to look right . Also unless you take provision's they don't last to long . That's one of the reason's why I spend so much time hunting down clean used factory body panels . When I have to , I have been known to go the aftermarket rout but I'm real picky on who my supplier is and I already know that I've got my work cut out for me . That's just my two cents coming from someone that's been in the automotive field for over 30 years .

So someone has actually bought them and used them?

I bought some for my 1979, bottoms holes for bolts had to be reamed slightly to allow tighter gap (common on aftermarket) but fit nice

So someone has actually bought them and used them?

I answered your question didn't I

If you think a 72-80 fender fit great on a 81-93 truck then you shouldn't have a problem fitting it on what it actually fits

I'm like Bear, I have over 30 years experience & have spent a lot of time with just these trucks over the past 30 years

No disrespect, but I see several generalizations about the fit of aftermarket parts, and your statement about the body line change from 72-80 to 81 and up.

Am I missing a post where someone said they actually bought and or used the Sherman fenders?

My preference would be to use the correct contour fenders and do the minor repairs on my doors.

I do have a clean set of 81 and up doors and fenders, but I'd like to keep the lines of my 1980 truck.

You have to excuse me, I'm very picky about fit & finish I've used their fenders & rockers that's why I mentioned the Sherman rocker

I use aftermarket parts on the trucks that I sell or build as trail rigs for people For trucks that I do for me & other picky people I hunt that rust free fender that Dodge built

What other body parts do you need I may be headed to West Palm to pick up a boat in the next few days

Back