• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Selling new for old

torredcuda

Reaction score
Just joined here although I`m a member of FABO and a bunch of other Mopar sites. I`m looking to sell my `04 2500 Quad cab 4x4 w/ plow to buy a decent car, maybe a Dodge Magnum, and also replace the truck with an older one, probably a `72-79 but I may go a bit newer up to `93. I`ll need a club cab or even a crew cab, 4x4 so I can plow the driveway and such. How hard are these to find?

Welcome to the site "torredcuda" ! It's good to see a familiar face from New England . As far as how hard these trucks are to find ? That depends on how clean a truck your looking for . Do you want something just for your driveway or are you looking for something fairly nice that you can drive and show off every once and a while . I know you know what the rust is like up here .

Somewhere in between, decent enough to be road legal and haul my car trailer and such but I don`t need it to be real pretty

As much as I favor the trucks from 1980 back I would say look for an 80's truck then . Pre 1993 or pre 1987 if you don't want to deal with a computer and you like a carb over fuel injection . The 80's trucks would be a part time four wheel drive and a little easier to get parts for over the 70's trucks . Plus I know what the NH state inspections are like and you'd probably have a better chance of finding a solid one that you wouldn't have to do much to when you get it .

I know an `80`s would probably be easier to find but I really like the `72-79 style and being a lifelong new Englander I`m not afraid of rust!

Oh trust me I definitely prefer the pre 1980's as well . My favorites are the 77/78's . But I was looking at what you wanted it for . The 79's and back ( If there stock ) will be a full time four , more then likely not have creature comfort's like A/C or power windows and will be harder getting parts like body panels and such if you ever need them . But of course all that can be changed or added if you wanted to do that . The last Warlock I had before I got the big block two wheel drive one I have now was a 4x4 and I was building a truck that was the best of both worlds . It was a 79 4x4 that I ran newer axles with auto hubs and a shift on the fly 241 T-case behind a built 727 . I had planned on installing A/C and power windows but I never got the chance to get that far .

Back