• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Saving Gas ?????

Reaction score
On my 1987 Dodge W-150 pickup would I get any better gas mileage if I put on a set of lock-out front hubs? If so, how much do you think I would gain? Thanks. 0510111046.jpg

0510111046.jpg

I think you need a part time conversion kit for the 203 as well. Not sure how much it would gain, though? My 68 PW gets around 8, no matter how I drive it...

It's an 87 and it should have a 208 not a 203 so he doesn't have to touch his T-Case . Your "supposed" to get about a 2 to 3 mpg gain running those hubs over the auto hub's . I run them on my Ramcharger . There OK but it can be a pain some time's having to get out of your truck to lock the hubs all the time when you need the four wheel drive .

Every little bit help's when your trying to up the MPG without loosing any power .
Yeah, I knew that I didn't have to put the kit in the transfer case. I get about 11 or 12 mpg now. a few more would be cool. Thanks for the info.

No problem , That's why most of us are here , is to help each other out . You've been a wealth of information when it come's to 60's trucks which is were I'm definitely lacking .
Okay, sorry for the bad info. I'm not very well versed on the '80's trucks.

Back