1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

Rhino or Line-X?

Discussion in 'Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed' started by CBJason, Apr 10, 2019.

1. CBJason

CBJasonNew Member

Is this like a Coke vs Pepsi thing or have there been any studies done comparing wear and fade on these brands over time?

I’d be interested to see if say a 12x12” square was sprayed using each product then left to the elements for a year or so to evaluate longevity.

• Like Like x 1
    • 7mopar

7moparWell-Known Member

Don't know what was applied to the 2006 truck bed. For being a construction vehicle all its life it has held up well other than the bolt heads. Wonder why they appear to have never be coated?

• 65 sporty

65 sportyWell-Known Member

Both are good, way better then the DYI kits.

• Moparmat2000

Moparmat2000Member

I had a professionally sprayed in liner called Armorthane. It's about 1/8" thick on the walls and floor. It has a harder durometer to it like a urethane skateboard wheel. Doesnt chip or chunk out like rhinoliner. I took the bed off my truck for a fuel pump change. While bed was off I floated out the dents I could get to underneath, the rest that I couldent reach, I ground out, and filled. I used a large 2 tube kit of JB weld, and used it like auto body filler. Then I had em armorthane it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Moparmat2000

Moparmat2000Member

DIY kits are really good to coat a floor pan before putting carpet down though lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • dart4forte

dart4forteActive Member

Raptor is another good product

• Like Like x 1
          1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
            Dismiss Notice