1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

Removable radio box

Discussion in 'Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio' started by Austin, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Austin

AustinActive Member

I'm in the planning stages, but how does this sound? -

A MDF box containing an el-cheapo car radio HU with 4 generic brand speakers (two per side). The radio will sit facing up to the top with a removable locking cover. The speakers will be nut & bolt mounted to deter theft. The unit can be affixed to the floor by wing nuts from the inside to deter theft (remember, the removable top locks!). And to top it off - Rhino Line the whole shebang!

2. moparw150

moparw150Member

that could work, or if your looking to keep the factory look but still have good sound you could fabricate up a box inside your glove box and hide the speakers under your seat

3. stansgray03

stansgray03Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good project Austin, post some pictures of it if you can.

4. kiwigtx

kiwigtxInternational Mod Staff Member

Have you considered mounting the stereo on the ceiling in the cab? I did exactly that in the A100....

DSC05757.JPG

After the MDF base was glued on tight, I just screwed an ABS plastic surround in there, and then had the ceiling lined for sound-proofing. :)