• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Recommendations on new battery cables

Prospect

Reaction score
Okay, I need new battery cables and was wondering... do YOU have a favorite brand? If so, tell me all about it

360, 1984 Dodge D250 Prospector Royal SE

Okay, I need new battery cables and was wondering... do YOU have a favorite brand? If so, tell me all about it

360, 1984 Dodge D250 Prospector Royal SE

I go to lowes and get the necessary gauge to make my own and use heavy duty terminals found at napa

Stupid Question Part 2:

I go to lowes and get the necessary gauge to make my own and use heavy duty terminals found at napa

Been studying this and it sounds viable. Now I have a stupid question related to the original stupid question:

If the positive cable is 4 gauge, and your negative ground cable is 6 gauge, will that cause problemos?

I've had this truck for four years now, and never noticed that the original owner (he bought the truck new in '84), had this combination.

Just askin' ...

Personally I run a thicker ground wires on my trucks , just because I know these Mopars and there ground problems to began with . Plus depending on which truck I'm talking about I run an electric over hydraulic on my 84 as well as lights and such , and lights and a sound system on the other . But that's just my two cents .

Been studying this and it sounds viable. Now I have a stupid question related to the original stupid question:

If the positive cable is 4 gauge, and your negative ground cable is 6 gauge, will that cause problemos?

I've had this truck for four years now, and never noticed that the original owner (he bought the truck new in '84), had this combination.

Just askin' ...

No issues, but like Phil said, I run the same gauge wire. In fact, it's time for cables on mine too! Lol no ground or power issues from mine, but they're looking nasty

image-2866950209.jpg

Last edited:
i go to tractor supply and get the big a$$ fat ones meant for tractors i think they are either 0 or 2 gauge works great and starts up and charges excellent with almost no voltage loss

i go to tractor supply and get the big a$$ fat ones meant for tractors i think they are either 0 or 2 gauge works great and starts up and charges excellent with almost no voltage loss

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Went to Tractor Supply and bought some one gauge battery cables and changed them out. Gotta go back and get a 12" cable, ( I forgot that) but these things are great!

Don't know why I didn't think of Tractor Supply...I'm in that store a lot.:smile:

Back