• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Disc Brake Swap

JGC403

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to put discs on the 8.25 in my truck. I know there are people using the disc brake setup from a GrandCherokee ZJ on the 8.25. But the ZJs use 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and my ram has the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

So is there enough meat in the ZJ rotor to have it drilled out to the larger bolt pattern, or can I convert my truck to 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?

Has anyone done this before?

I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to put discs on the 8.25 in my truck. I know there are people using the disc brake setup from a GrandCherokee ZJ on the 8.25. But the ZJs use 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and my ram has the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

So is there enough meat in the ZJ rotor to have it drilled out to the larger bolt pattern, or can I convert my truck to 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?

Has anyone done this before?

Use ramcharger axles and swap out the front rotors. Or else use the entire rear end out of the RC

I wounder if the newer 8.25 disc setups have the 5.5 bolt pattern. I know the 8.25 continued to be made into the early 2000's. Cosmetically they look similiar but I know the internals changed in the late 80's.

I wounder if the newer 8.25 disc setups have the 5.5 bolt pattern. I know the 8.25 continued to be made into the early 2000's. Cosmetically they look similiar but I know the internals changed in the late 80's.

The rams and Dakota's are still 5x5.5 too my knowledge. I know for certain they are up to 2008

When I do rear discs I use a universal caliper bracket ,rotors, etc that the Roundy Round boys use no worry about bolt pattern or any of that any size or thickness of rotor that you want Speedway Motors is where I buy my parts most of the time

Back