• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

quick survey

68GTX440

Reaction score
So quick survey. Does anyone wish that Dorman or anyone still made new Temperature Control Knobs, Shifter knobs, and Wind Shield wiper knobs(79 to 89)? Cause let me tell you I sure do lol. AC temp knob broke fixed it then the darn chrome peeled, Wind shield wiper knob disappeared awhile I was fixing the darn Dash lights earlier this week. I found a single Temp knob, was getting ready to buy it but saw the guy wanted 7.11 for shipping for a 4 buck knob! Off to Pic A Part this weekend! I'll be hording every knob that is still in decent condition lol!

Screenshot_9.png

Yeah it's pretty bad when the shipping is more then the part . Small parts like that , I try and make it easy on every one and just say I want "this" for "that" "shipped" . For instance , If I was selling that to you I'd say , For that knob it's 10 bucks shipped and I'll have it out to you tomorrow . You send out the payment I send out the part and everyone's happy , No fuss , No muss , simple and quick . On bigger parts , then I have to get a quote first . Like I just shipped out a pair of tires . I didn't have a clue on what they were going to cost to ship or even "how" I was going to get them ready for shipping . But I made it work , got a quote , he paid me , and they where out to him the next day .

Just a suggestion take what you need and leave the rest unless your pickunpull scraps after a certain date.
Who knows someone maybe looking for the same parts.

Just a suggestion take what you need and leave the rest unless your pickunpull scraps after a certain date.
Who knows someone maybe looking for the same parts.
They scrap every week or two depends on how much the truck was picked at and out here the dodge trucks are picked faster than a flash of light... Whatever they see value able left on a vehicle they pull and sell on ebay or in the parts center in the yard. But I usually go the day before the scrap depending on what I need.

I'm one of those people that like to have extra parts for what ever I own whether I need them right now or not . So I've learned to grab what I can when I can . Just because here you never know if it will be there or in what condition it will be in "if" the vehicle is still there when you go back . A good example is a few years back . I was at the junk yard and they had a 70 2 door Dart there . I had noticed it had a pretty clean grill , really clean front bumper and a mint front valance . At the time I didn't need that stuff but I thought about grabbing them anyways . Just to keep in my stash for just in case . I said , Ahh , I'll grab them next time when I come back . Well someone had asked me if I could find them a clean drivers side door for one of those and I remembered that car and it had a solid rust free , dent free door on it . So when I went back to the yard to get the door for him and grab those other parts for myself . Someone had kicked the door in so bad that it wasn't worth trying to fix and the front end was now junk . It looked like one of the workers there had to either lift it or move it and had totally messed up the entire front end . Valance was all mangled , the bumper was all twisted and the grill was in a million pieces . :(

I've learned the same bear. Went out to ours once and saw a seat that was in way better condition than my 87 Chevy, but I didn't have the time to pull it out or the money decided I'll come back next week, someone decided to cut the whole seat up. Learned my lesson.

Sounds like you have some grade A dickheads near you. I was dragging a generator through the snow with a buddy of mine that wanted to cut a roof off a dart. I stopped him and asked what color and where in the yard it was. Glad I did, I knew that it was already stepped on and didn't want to waste anyone's time. He thought I did it but I would have walked on one of the chevys parked against it.

Yeah that stuff really piss's me off . On the door of that Dart , I could still see the foot prints of the guy's boot all over it . The frontend damage was done by one of the idiot's in the fork truck that works there . It's hard enough to find good used parts for these cars and trucks as it is . We don't need people like that to make it even harder . :mad:

damn right. it took me forever to find a outer grill and a headlight bezel for the 84 after it got in a wreck a year ago.

damn right. it took me forever to find a outer grill and a headlight bezel for the 84 after it got in a wreck a year ago.
The 84 is harder because you have the checker board grill insert . A lot of people don't know but even when Dodge went to the cross style grill insert , they changed every couple of years during the mid to late 80's .

Yeah it's pretty bad when the shipping is more then the part . Small parts like that , I try and make it easy on every one and just say I want "this" for "that" "shipped" . For instance , If I was selling that to you I'd say , For that knob it's 10 bucks shipped and I'll have it out to you tomorrow . You send out the payment I send out the part and everyone's happy , No fuss , No muss , simple and quick . On bigger parts , then I have to get a quote first . Like I just shipped out a pair of tires . I didn't have a clue on what they were going to cost to ship or even "how" I was going to get them ready for shipping . But I made it work , got a quote , he paid me , and they where out to him the next day .

Try selling hop roots and I will only ship in a flat rate box so they don't spoil. Hard to keep the comments down.

The 84 is harder because you have the checker board grill insert . A lot of people don't know but even when Dodge went to the cross style grill insert , they changed every couple of years during the mid to late 80's .
Well after my dad got in the wreck back in 2014 and we were trying to find the new grill he thought well the design is almost identical just a the insert was different and the headlight bezels as well, but the outer shell looked identical that we could just pop in a checker insert and find a new bezel everything would be good, but automatically I knew that something was different and told
Him no. Well after he passed I said ah what the hell I need a new grill I can't stand seeing his second baby torn up (his 68 GTX being the first) went got an 86 I outer chrome tried it and I was right! The dang insert was too tall for the cross style grill. Laughed about it said told you old man. Went on the hunt for a new grill found one on eBay minor dings and dents, nothing big, guy was trying to bid it off, has been on eBay for a week or two no bids, told him I'll give him 125 plus shipping got the new grill a week later! Let me tell you I hate driving it now sometimes lol.

Try selling hop roots and I will only ship in a flat rate box so they don't spoil. Hard to keep the comments down.
I find the flat rate box's good in a way because you already know what it's going to cost . But with some things , you have to get creative with the packing . This is how I shipped out two tires that I sold .
IMG_4695.JPG

Well after my dad got in the wreck back in 2014 and we were trying to find the new grill he thought well the design is almost identical just a the insert was different and the headlight bezels as well, but the outer shell looked identical that we could just pop in a checker insert and find a new bezel everything would be good, but automatically I knew that something was different and told
Him no. Well after he passed I said ah what the hell I need a new grill I can't stand seeing his second baby torn up (his 68 GTX being the first) went got an 86 I outer chrome tried it and I was right! The dang insert was too tall for the cross style grill. Laughed about it said told you old man. Went on the hunt for a new grill found one on eBay minor dings and dents, nothing big, guy was trying to bid it off, has been on eBay for a week or two no bids, told him I'll give him 125 plus shipping got the new grill a week later! Let me tell you I hate driving it now sometimes lol.
Yeah it's those lil difference's that you don't notice until you go to use that part that can ruin your day some times . Trust me I've learned the hard way myself on some things over the years .

I find the flat rate box's good in a way because you already know what it's going to cost . But with some things , you have to get creative with the packing . This is how I shipped out two tires that I sold . View attachment 6702
That is a good idea. I would like to ask, how would one ship a truck as a whole?. What are the prerequisites before loading the vehicle?. Is it affordable shipping them?. This is because my dad wants to sell his truck and the buyer asked to ship the vehicle to his destination. During a recent discussion with my colleagues, they asked me to visit this website as there would be information solely for truck related topic. Any suggestion would be a help.

Where's the buyer? There are companies that will ship your car across the country. I'd let the buyer worry about picking the shipper and dealing with any potential hassles, especially if an overseas buyer.

Most request the vehicle is driveable just in case it needs to be unloaded and reloaded during shipment. Any extra parts must be secure in the vehicle. Must have brakes.
Depending upon the shipper they may not pickup in a residential neighborhood where tractor and trailers are restricted.
But you really need to check with the shipper for their individual requirements.
Make sure the shipper covers any damage or loss during shipping.

Back