• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power window issues 83 Ramcharger

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I just bought an 83 Ramcharger. The passenger window never worked and the left did, but has since acted as if the gear or regulator was not working properly. It might move with help for a little bit, then the motor just spins. The right side makes no noise at all. I am taking the panels off later today to check power and ground and all the rest. The question I have is ... the window motor and gear are sold separately. Is it common for the gears to go bad? I only ask before I disassemble because if it's common I want to order them and have them on hand if needed. Anyone know anything about these window issues?

It sounds like the left might either have a gear issue or the motor might even be loose . Your going to have to check the right to see if it's getting power and is grounded well before you do anything on that side . It's only two wires going to the motor's them selves . Power "up" power "down" .

Back