• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Post your sno-commander/sno-fiter pics

Daliant

Reaction score
Here's my 78 (now a parts truck)
100_0703.jpg

100_0703.jpg

here are a few of my 1980 w200 sno-commander factory automatic truck still has its factory trans temp warning light!!

sno-commander dr side.jpg

sno-commander emblem.jpg

sno-commander trans temp light.jpg

sno-commander decal.jpg

sno-commander ps side.jpg

dgswinger, There's a guy I know that bought a truck new just like yours & he lives near Warfordsburg Traded a Yellow 75 Sno-fiter in on it Douglas Chrysler Plymouth in Hancock

this truck actually spent from 1999 till summer of 2011 sitting in the mountain at a hunting cabin between warfordsburg and needmore. the previous (original) owner parked it one weekend he was there and it wouldnt start the next time he went to his cabin so he left it sit..... i never knew he owned this truck the orig. owner lives across the street from me. the truck was already sitting in the woods over in needmore when i had bought my house across the street from him here in St.thomas. so that summer of 2011 he walked across the street and said you are always messing with these old dodge trucks do you want to buy another one ? so naturally i say sure what is it well he proceeds to tell me its a factory sno-commander and is complete but rough comes with the plow and everything but it hasnt run in over 10 years so im thinking parts truck.... he says ill load it on my trailer bring it over to let you look at it and if you dont want it its going to the scrap!! well as you can see it didnt get scrapped!! we dropped it in the driveway and after a check of the fluids and a few top offs i turned the motor by hand it was free... so i grabbed a battery and started cranking i knew it wouldnt start. but after a 1 gallon jug of some fresh gas and a few dribbles in the carb and it fired!! then i noticed gas leaking from the fuel pump so i yanked it and found out why all along it wouldnt start back in 1999 the fuel pump nipple had a crack in it and was sucking air. i put a fuel pump on it and tuned it up changed the oil and it runs like a champ! had to do some major floor pan fixing but hey i saved it thats all that matters too me. and last year before i started using it to plow it got a complete brake system rebuild lines hoses shoes pads calipers master cylinder... plus i cleaned the rear tank and ran new aluminum fuel line from back to front.

Last edited:
The guy I know lives or lived all his life sw of Warfordsburg about a 1/4 mile from the Mason Dixon His truck was equipped identical to yours & would have bolt holes for a camper shell as well as a 73 RR gas tank & filler door on the bumper & beer can pull tabs everywhere!

Back