• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Posi-Lok?

Polara_500

Reaction score
Who has experience with these setups? Is there something better?
87 W250 w/360/NP435
Thanks,
Mike
upload_2017-3-28_20-48-59.png

No, it's a mechanical replacement for the vacuum operated CAD unit Dodge used on the front axle to disengage the axle when in 2WD.

I know what your talking about now, I have never used one or installed one. I believe they also make one for the S-10 trucks also.

what is it like a plunger kind of deal, If it is then it works via a cable. if not then you need to post a pic please.

It's a cable operated plunger type setup I think - at least that's what it looks like on their website. Haven't gotten past thinking about it as yet, I don't often move too fast. :rolleyes:

I remember seeing them in the JC whitney cat. I was going to use that set up but, never got a chance to sold the big ole girl and went to a 2wd short bed. Your exactly right at what it does as well as replaces. Question does it have a one size fits all cable? If it does I might want to make something a little more custom. Like maybe use a vinyl covered cable considering Minny gets mighty cold during the winter.

It appears they use a vinyl or similar coating on the cable although the pics are kinda small..... What does a South Carolinian know about Minniesnowta winters anyway?? :wideyed: You're right though, it does get downright chilly for a couple of months and those are the times I'd need the 4WD to push snow around with the truck.

I'm a transplant from LINY originally so I know cold, Lived out on the tip of LI and that winter wind would just go right through you

Oh yeah, that wind coming in off the ocean is downright wicked. Never been in NY, but spent a few winters on the pier in Norfolk and even at 30 degrees it can feel real cold.

Back