• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Poly blade to Steel

Schooz13165

Reaction score
I have a Curtis Home Pro 3000. I want to put a steel cutting edge on the blade. Will this hurt the plow motor or pump? The steel blade will be 84"x 6"x 3/8"

That's about 643 lbs. Not sure what the polymer weight is.
But without contacting the company I would guess no. Would not be as concerned about lift weights as the strenght of the plow its self. Your homeowner version was only designed to push snow and not the stresses of scrapping ice. There is a lot of added vibration with direct ground contact your plow is more than likely not designed for.

That's about 643 lbs. Not sure what the polymer weight is.
But without contacting the company I would guess no. Would not be as concerned about lift weights as the strenght of the plow its self. Your homeowner version was only designed to push snow and not the stresses of scrapping ice. There is a lot of added vibration with direct ground contact your plow is more than likely not designed for.
Would putting a new poly blade over the steel help with vibration ya think? I only plow 4 driveways with the longest being my own at apprx. 150ft. They are all blacktop also. I don't plow stone driveways. The poly blade pushed snow really well. Its the back dragging on 2 driveways that don't clean to well.

Back dragging won't be helped significantly by converting to steel in MY limited opinion, don't think you're adding enough weight to make any difference. Back dragging with my steel plow don't work well, and that's why they make an adapter to bolt on that essentially gives you a rear facing cutting edge if you do much of it.

Back dragging won't be helped significantly by converting to steel in MY limited opinion, don't think you're adding enough weight to make any difference. Back dragging with my steel plow don't work well, and that's why they make an adapter to bolt on that essentially gives you a rear facing cutting edge if you do much of it.
I forgot where I seen one of those attachments. Wondering how they really worked.

I think I saw one on ebay - was thinking an enterprising fella could likely come up with something to try using a chunk of angle iron. Then I went a different route and rarely use the plow anymore.

I don't need my drive that clean. If vehicles can get up and down it its good enough. In fact if the truck makes it up and down it it doesn't even get cleaned.

I think I saw one on ebay - was thinking an enterprising fella could likely come up with something to try using a chunk of angle iron. Then I went a different route and rarely use the plow anymore.
You going to sell the plow truck?

I have a 7.5 ft Meyers, it's all steel and it can't back drag worth a darn. It will always leave more than I would like

Back