• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pictures to large to load!!!

747mopar

Reaction score
I've posted pictures here before, still posting pics on FBBO without any trouble but this site will not accept any pictures... To large! When I still had a computer I knew exactly how to reduce them but with a phone? I've thumbed around my photo options and don't see anything so what gives, just can't post pictures anymore, need some photos app to reduce the photos? The truck is finally getting painted after 5 years... I'd like to share the joy lol.

Phones keep making images with higher and higher resolution, which makes the file sizes bigger and bigger.

So no suggestions on how to modify photos with a smart phone to make it possible to post?

There should be a way to adjust the settings for resolution in your phone, otherwise I only know of separate software to resize an image and the stuff i'm familiar with likely won't work on a phone.

So no suggestions on how to modify photos with a smart phone to make it possible to post?
My camera on my Samsung is set to 16:9 (9.1M) with no problems. You can change those settings by clicking on the settings button (gear looking button) on your camera home screen. On my laptop, I use the "Paint" program or you can use a resize program on the internet.

My camera on my Samsung is set to 16:9 (9.1M) with no problems. You can change those settings by clicking on the settings button (gear looking button) on your camera home screen. On my laptop, I use the "Paint" program or you can use a resize program on the internet.
Have you posted any pictures from that phone since the update? I had no issues before, but now the same pictures I've posted in the past are too large.

If have decided not to resize every picture on my camera just for this site. Higher priorities than posting pictures. Sorry guys but work comes first.

Have you posted any pictures from that phone since the update? I had no issues before, but now the same pictures I've posted in the past are too large.
I see they are now too large. Thanks for the update.

If have decided not to resize every picture on my camera just for this site. Higher priorities than posting pictures. Sorry guys but work comes first.
When posting becomes a pain in the ass people just quit posting, there's where I'm at right now.
I farted around the other day with my settings and never did find a way to resize photos.

When posting becomes a pain in the ass people just quit posting, there's where I'm at right now
Don't quit yet, I need to see the truck finished.

I farted around the other day with my settings and never did find a way to resize photos.
Under your phone's camera settings, change the resolution. You may need to be in the camera mode to do this.

I'd love to see your progress, hope you can get some pictures up.

Don't quit yet, I need to see the truck finished.

Under your phone's camera settings, change the resolution. You may need to be in the camera mode to do this.

I'd love to see your progress, hope you can get some pictures up.
I don't know that I've tried changing camera settings? I've been focused on finding a way to modify pictures I already have because a lot been done that I can't post. It's nearing completion lol.

Just looked in camera settings, looks like I can take it from a 12MP to an 8MP. If this works I'll just have to take a bunch more pictures and have a void in the progress.

@Joeychgo why the 2mb limit? I can post any picture I take on the other sites. I'll hope they don't go to the smaller size as well, or like @747mopar said, people will stop posting. Pictures are as important as the text/dialogue.
I'm not very tech savvy but I believe by minimizing picture sizes it doesn't bog down the server?

PXL_20201019_123251018.jpg

I just took this, after setting my phones camera to medium resolution, the only other option. It's 5MP, and 1.3MB. Full resolution is 12.2MP and 3.3MB. Google Pixel 4XL. I'll adjust my phone for all new pictures for this site, as annoying as it may be.

Back