• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

PCM Issue

Schooz13165

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F150 XLT ecoboost 3.5 4x4. Truck dies going down the road. All power inside truck works, radio, heater, lights, windows ect. No power to motor. No Crank. Can't connect OBD reader, it says link error. We checked all fuses and relays, everything is good. Couldn't find any bare wires. Going crazy!! Any ideas?

No power to the engine. It showed five warnings on dash, low oil pressure, service trac conrtrol ect.

Any idea as to why there was low oil pressure?
None, oil was changed 2 months before. Put a new PCM in it yesterday and the Ford garage said there was 11 codes showing up. When the truck was running there were no codes when it started and acted fine.

Got a phone call from Ford. Got the new PCM programmed but now the ABS light is on! Wasn't before. They are gonna try another update. Getting frustrated!

Its bad when a dealership has to grasp for straws on a repair. You would think that this day and age diagnostics could be sent back to factory support if needed. Its not like these systems were not tested before going into production.
As frustrated as you maybe some one at the dealership is more than likely over book rate by now and just as frustrated.

Its bad when a dealership has to grasp for straws on a repair. You would think that this day and age diagnostics could be sent back to factory support if needed. Its not like these systems were not tested before going into production.
As frustrated as you maybe some one at the dealership is more than likely over book rate by now and just as frustrated.

I agree. Finally got the truck back. It runs fine now but the ABS light, Service Advan Trac Warning light and Emergency Brake Warning light are all on! They weren't before. The service manager said it needs a new BCM for 700.00! I asked him if he was sure and he said they would need to do more testing! I asked him why he didn't test it when he had it in and he said "You only wanted the new PCM programmed"! I said where is the truck now, he showed me and I left. Going to another dealer.

Any idea what killed the PCM? The truck just quit going down the road? I have yet to see a PCM failure in a Ford this new.

Any idea what killed the PCM? The truck just quit going down the road? I have yet to see a PCM failure in a Ford this new.
No idea what killed the pcm. Installed another, had it programmed, truck ran fine but had abs issue. Got that fixed, truck quit again driving down the road. Had it towed to dealer. They could connect to this pcm unlike the old one. Put in new pcm relay and truck is fine again. Old relay was getting super hot. Fuel mileage gauge fluctuates terrible but was told this will settle down. Scared to drive the friggen thing!

Apparently the original pcm could not be revived. Never heared of a pcm relay. Guess thats something new.

Apparently the original pcm could not be revived. Never heared of a pcm relay. Guess thats something new.
The old PCM had a burnt processor in it. Toast. As far as something new the truck is a 13 so its at least 5 years old. Without it nothing happens. He showed me by unplugging it. It actually throws power to the PCM.

Back