• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Overhead consolette quick working 97 Ram

Cranky1

Banned Old Stinky Fart
Reaction score
Figure I would check to be sure it's grounded but is there anything else that would make it go dead. It displays nothing anymore....no temp, no compass, nada.

Didn't see any blown fuses. Wouldn't think it would be on a fused circuit by itself, would it? I guess I'll drop it down and take a look at it.....

I would think it is tied in with another circuit. Once you get it down take a look for a blow capacitor or some other burnt spot... Keep us posted

I will report what I find but it won't be in the next several days. I'm not driving it that much anyways and there's plenty of other things to do that's much more important plus it runs just fine without it lol. I do not like things that don't work though and it's been blank for far too long.

The readout on my 96 overhead console shows compass readings but no temp. I pulled another out of a truck in a "Pull A Part" and it was the same way.
I figure that if the window is down it must be warm and if it is up it must be cold, no matter which direction i'm going

Back