• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Outer Tie rod

BoostedLiLRed

Reaction score
Who on here knows what degree or pitch the outer tie rod end is on a 1979 d-150. I need to buy a reamer to adjust a set of Dakota spindles.

Who on here knows what degree or pitch the outer tie rod end is on a 1979 d-150. I need to buy a reamer to adjust a set of Dakota spindles.

Hey BoostedLiLRed: I checked my 79 D150 shop Manual but could not find any reference to the pitch of the outer Tierod end. It does have the spec for alignment which is the following:
Camber + 1/4 Degree Caster + 1/2 Degree . This probably doesn't help but was the only reference in the front suspension section of the Manual.

I know the 3/4 4wd outer tr are 1 1/2" taper per foot. Not sure if you have one to compare it with to see if they're the same. By the way, awesome truck. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks for the info. I am going to test the 1.5 per foot on an old spindle. My truck is so low in the front that the tie rod end is hitting the strut rod so I want to flip the tie rod for clearance. And I am making progress on truck both turbos are on now and I am finishing up brakes and suspension this month. Then it is on to all the wiring for ignition, crank trigger, boost controller and light s and horn. Because this is going to be a street driven truck. So hopefully done and road worthy by June.

Back