• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Original Owner 84 Dodge D-100 Shortbed

jagsdtc

Reaction score
I purchased this truck right off the showroom floor in January of 1984. I have not driven it much for the last 5-6 years but it is old faithful in our household. It has 350,000 miles with everything still original except for a shortblock I put in 150,000 miles ago, 2 front rotors, starter and alternator. Yes the tranny is still original!

It has a 318, 2bbl carb, Copy of 1984 Dodge Pickup 004.jpgCopy of 1984 Dodge Pickup 005.jpg
Automatic trans, PS, PB, A/C.

Just because it is a D-100 does not mean it hasn't performed as a truck!
I used it for remodeling for several years with a rack and tool boxes and many trips to the landfill.
GVW is 4700 and I weighed into the landfill at over 7100...that means about 1 1/2 ton of payload on the back!

Copy of 1984 Dodge Pickup 004.jpg

Copy of 1984 Dodge Pickup 005.jpg

Last edited:
200,000 out of the first small block. I say you got your money's worth. Welcome aboard and nice truck by the way.

Just go's to show yah , You can't kill an old Mopar . Nice truck !

That is a nice truck. I see you are from Atlanta. What part? I am in Stockbridge. Are you in the N Georgia Mopar Club?

Here is my 1988 D100 that I bought from the original owner about 3 years ago.

DSCF1014-1.jpg

DSCF1006-1.jpg

DSCF1106-1.jpg

I am in Loganville Georgia. Yes, I belong to NGMC. I also have a 63 Valiant Convertible and 68 Barracuda notchback.
Your truck is nice. Has any restoration been done or is it still all original?

The seat was recovered by the previous owner and it had a paint jobn at some point. (A cheap one that I plan to redo)

When I got it, it had hubcaps. I changed it to 16" tires/wheels, put dual exhaust on, put a spray in bedliner, tinted the windows, etc.

I changed out the rear step bumper with a Ramcharger bumper and added the tow hitch.

I cant wait to see your truck at the next club event.

Some sad news. There *used* to be a really nice red one that I saw all around Stockbridge. It looked new. Well not anymore. The other night when I was on my way home from work, I saw it go by on a flatbed and it had been rolled over. :doh: I wish i knew what happened to it.

Here is my truck when I fiirst got it.

DODGETRUCK1-1.jpg

Back