1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1. stan saas

stan saasMember

i have used FORD for my oil changes since we moved here 4 yrs. ago - oh yea we are in PINEBLUFF N.C. - anyway they say that they are using a [ blend ] could some one tell me exactly what a BLEND IS MADE OF - THEY CHARGE ME $47.00 and now are building a new building on new property and all - hope my price don`t go up - i have a 2013 supercrew 4x4 f150 - with the 5.0 - how many of you change your own??

2. 7mopar

7moparWell-Known Member

We are entirely to trusting. I only let them change it threw the warrenty period.
    The ticket should show the amount, brand and grade of oil and filter. You are entitled to know what your paying for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 65 sporty

65 sportyWell-Known Member

It's a synthetic blend not a full synthetic but not conventional, a Ford dealer would have used Motorcraft. The 5.0 I believe uses 5w30 and holds 7qts. I change my own but that's what I do, I am a auto mechanic:)

• Like Like x 1
      • LocuMob

LocuMobFluid Technician

I'm too cheap to let anyone change my oil, but my dad taught me how to be cheap, I mean, work on my own car. I'd drive a lease vehicle if he had not done so. Takes me 40 minutes at the most, while taking my sweet time (dickin' around).

As @65 sporty mentioned, you should have that information from the dealer. A blend can be 5% synthetic, or anywhere up from that. 30% synthetic is the maximum I heard some years ago, so don't quote me on that. I spend a few dollars more to get the full synthetic, and I try to buy it on sale.

• Like Like x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.