• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newbee

bernieca

Reaction score
Just joined this site. Hope it's as fun and informative as FABO. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 and have been having problems with the wipers. They will work full on but are behaving radically when I use the intermittin mode. Sometimes won't work, others will wipe once, sometimes 3 times, all over the place. Anyone have any advice?

Just joined this site. Hope it's as fun and informative as FABO. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 and have been having problems with the wipers. They will work full on but are behaving radically when I use the intermittin mode. Sometimes won't work, others will wipe once, sometimes 3 times, all over the place. Anyone have any advice?

1st off- welcome to the site!

Our 2002 did that! I wondered if it was the switch..

My guess is this is a multi-switch problem. Off the top of my head I forget which module it's wired to, Maybe FCM. But it's operation is the different positions ground different values of resistance telling the module what the switch wants to happen then the FCM performs that function. Actually leads itself to be potentially modified to make such high beam low beam on together. Good luck..

Thanks!

My guess is this is a multi-switch problem. Off the top of my head I forget which module it's wired to, Maybe FCM. But it's operation is the different positions ground different values of resistance telling the module what the switch wants to happen then the FCM performs that function. Actually leads itself to be potentially modified to make such high beam low beam on together. Good luck..

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Back