• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Truck does not need much Dress up but trailer does!

Got my 5th wheel base installed today. The new B&W base is seriously heavier than my turn over ball companion was! I do not have enough ass to do it myself. One tough unit!

image.jpeg

Got to pull the 14k lb. Montana 5th wheel a few times the 2nd half of this Year. This Truck is one heck of pulling "Beast"! I thought my 2000 3500 5.7 24 valve was tough. No candle to this "Beast"!

I have pulled 12k over mounteagle in TN. this year with the 24' car hauler and the factory exhaust brake held me at 62mph down the other side with no brakes at all!

The 14k 5ver pulls like butter with the cruise set at 74mph. This truck is a keeper! My wife drove 1/2 way down to Florida at T'giving and drove faster then I usually do. Only 5k miles since new with no issues and 2 free oil changes. Dealer told me to bring it in every time they send the freebie change regardless of miles! No problem it is free! Nice to have a truck even my wife is comfortable in, allows me more time for cold ones, if you get my drift!

Last edited:
Truck still only has 6200 miles. All hauling the 5ver or car trailer this thing will never see the 1 million mile mark they are know for! Still glad I bought it cause it is a monster in total comfort! Still amazed how much power over my 2000 5.9 that was juiced up!

Dealer has done 2 oil changes/service for free and wants me back for the third. Funny cause it is not even broke in. These motors only get broke in at about 70k.

Last edited:
That is one good looking truck, good to here your using it for what it was built for. Some guy's just use them as drivers.

Beautiful truck and great story. I will gladly swap you my truck for yours with the Cuda included. Just think of the write-off you could get!:D

I wish I could use it more to haul my stuff but life has it ways. Only so much time. Won a nice battery charger/tender made by NOCO/Genious, I have not heard of before at the last car show in late 2017. Nice little unit and mounted it on the driver side battery tray and ran the AC cord up to the front by the block heater plug. I plug both up in the winter to keep the truck ready and batteries charged. Got a few trips planned for 18.

You have excellent taste and keep everything beautiful. I was a boy scout long ago and still stand by the slogan,
"Be Prepared!", and that's what you have done! Best of luck with your toys!

You have excellent taste and keep everything beautiful. I was a boy scout long ago and still stand by the slogan,
"Be Prepared!", and that's what you have done! Best of luck with your toys!

Got a new taste in A-bodies when I lost this one. Mopar is my pleasure. Never gone loose one like that again!

9F35455F-CCA1-4CE9-8E91-6B8534465E61.jpeg

FB2ACBD4-8462-4539-A925-87DF8CA51948.jpeg

EEEA8023-4376-4E20-9593-1916146DA8FE.jpeg

Wow, that was awful. Looks like a 69 Coronet. Was it a 383 or 440? What started the fire; fuel leak or electrical problem?

Wow, that was awful. Looks like a 69 Coronet. Was it a 383 or 440? What started the fire; fuel leak or electrical problem?

69 383 Bee in 84. Not sure but it roasted the fuel pressure gauge line then all hell broke loose. Did not bother pushing the clutch in and braked and bailed short some burnt arm hair. Had the 383 formula S ever since. It sat for 25 years but thrives today!

Damn, that is really sad to lose a nice car like that but the Cuda is a very nice replacement. Do you race it or just show it? Also, are you on forAbodiesonly as well? It's a good thing you weren't hurt worse. I have carried a fire extinguisher in every car or truck I have owned for the last 47 years! Only had to use one once! So now you know I am an old goat!

Last edited:
Damn, that is really sad to lose a nice car like that but the Cuda is a very nice replacement. Do you race it or just show it? Also, are you on forAbodiesonly as well?

Yes for A bodies but I have been quite lately. I raced the Barracuda in the late 80’s on the 1/8 weekly to a best of 7.36 in basically stock config with a 509 cam and a small NOS shot. The car has never had headers on it or been cut. I have restored it to mostly stock and enjoy it as such with an occasional romp.

I love A bodies and my first car was a 65 Dart coupe. Had a 63 and a 65 GT also - then a 65 Barracuda with a 66 Dart nose on it. I only raced 2x and won my class 2 x. So I retired undefeated! I only raced 1/4 like so 1/8 times don't translate well for me. By the way, is the Cuda an auto or stick?

I love A bodies and my first car was a 65 Dart coupe. Had a 63 and a 65 GT also - then a 65 Barracuda with a 66 Dart nose on it. I only raced 2x and won my class 2 x. So I retired undefeated! I only raced 1/4 like so 1/8 times don't translate well for me. By the way, is the Cuda an auto or stick?

Auto with a 8.5 inch Vega 3800 stall. Still in it.

Pulled the 4.56 gears for more drivable 3.55’s. Much happier! Was raced like shown with original cast iron exhaust but “ driven” now and enjoyed more if you get my drift.

Awesome, it must pull quite well as it's a light weight. Mine is B-5 and it looks like yours is too! By the way, I just remembered that I still have a set of 4 (14"x6") Fenton Gyro aluminum slot wheels for the old A body! I kept them in case I ever got hold of another one.
Here's a quick shot of my first car which passed the 300,000 mile mark with ease.
Dart1c.jpg

Back