• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Truck does not need much Dress up but trailer does!

74PW4X4

Reaction score
So the new Dually looks pretty sharp straight from the factory!

Upgraded the floor mats to weather tech types "canyon brown" from Mopar, got some bulleyes cargo mounts for the bed stakes. I have to re-polish my diamond plate 12 year old toolbox but should look nice!

Trying to finish my 24' trailer to haul the 69 383S to the shows we cannot drive to because of the 456 gears! Carpeted the side walls up 4' to save some door dings! Painted all the walls first. Need to finish the carpet on the inner wheel wells and lay the diamond plate vinyl flooring down. Hope to finish this weekend! Gonna add some Vintage signage inside the trailer for some dress up as well!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1113.JPG

Last edited:
Carpet up to the half-way on the walls is a great idea. It should help keep the trailer warm in the colder months. I assume the 'Cuda fits in nicely between the walls. Should be plenty of room for swapmeet parts also.

Carpet up to the half-way on the walls is a great idea. It should help keep the trailer warm in the colder months. I assume the 'Cuda fits in nicely between the walls. Should be plenty of room for swapmeet parts also.

Yeah she fits pretty good. Room for either buying, delivering or transporting some parts. Put the e-track down for bonnets. Pulled them back out tonight to lay the flooring down in the morning. Hope to keep it in good condition for many years to come!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

DAMN I've seen rooms of houses not look as good as that! All ya need for a November night in the "Dog House" is a heater for gods sake!

NICE job!

DAMN I've seen rooms of houses not look as good as that! All ya need for a November night in the "Dog House" is a heater for gods sake!

NICE job!
Thanx...

Got it all done now, I will post up some pics this weekend.

Got this for my dog house if ever needed!

image.jpeg

DAMN thats even better, BUT you gonna pull a "Michigan Train", AKA Wiggle wagons thing with the dually Dodge? 2 trailers, 1 tractor......

DAMN thats even better, BUT you gonna pull a "Michigan Train", AKA Wiggle wagons thing with the dually Dodge? 2 trailers, 1 tractor......

Pull the Seedoos behind the fifth wheel, but I don't think the car hauler would be a good idea! Never mind it would probably rip the hitch off the camper. LOL

Funny my buddie asked that this weekend and we figure it would be about 70' long. I don't think that is legal in any state!

Last edited:
Pull the Seedoos behind the fifth wheel, but I don't think the car hauler would be a good idea! Never mind it would probably rip the hitch off the camper. LOL

Funny my buddie asked that this weekend and we figure it would be about 70' long. I don't think that is legal in any state!

I don't know about that! Thats why they call it a "Michigan Train" out in the state of and Illinois, and I think Indiana.... They use a single tractor, pulling 2 (yes 2) 53 FOOT box-trailers..... Hence the name Michigan Trains..... BUT, they can't leave that Tri-state area, they'd have to be separated to leave the state, and have a extra tractor to pull the last trailer.

I don't know about that! Thats why they call it a "Michigan Train" out in the state of and Illinois, and I think Indiana.... They use a single tractor, pulling 2 (yes 2) 53 FOOT box-trailers..... Hence the name Michigan Trains..... BUT, they can't leave that Tri-state area, they'd have to be separated to leave the state, and have a extra tractor to pull the last trailer.

Do they still haul triples out in that region? Think they were 40' trailers.

-Last I knew they were allowed two 53 footers, NOT 3 (MAYBE?!) I did know years ago they were allowed three 40 footers tho.....

I know with a real TT they double up here in Georgia with long trailers. I don't think the Dually would be considered a TT. It is legal for me to pull my watercraft behind the 5-er here and in Florida. Truck is bad to the bone but the camper does not have a class 5 rated reciever and I don't think that would be a fun pull at all!!! I can drop the watercraft easily if needed and push them around by hand.

Installed a pair of RECON Big Rig Ice running lights on the Dually today. Pretty straight forward short of having to pull the grille to get the head lights out to access the light wiring.

I mounted them with 3M tape instead of the crappy clips they come with.

The courtesy light wires were easy as there is a factory path on the bottom side of the wire bulkhead to route them into the cab. Plus there is a wire tray across the firewall.

They light up the step bars great and turn white on unlock or anytime a door is opened. They also flash double brite Amber on turn signal by side.

That could surprise someone who isn't paying attention!

Let's them know you intend to come over!!!

Had to go to Kentucky for a couple days. I will do a short video when I get back. Nice product though, Recon should spend less on the wiring connectors they send (More than required) and come up with some better clips. I would suggest something that snaps and locks over the pinch weld on the rocker.

RECON Big Rig Ice Lights Video.

Not sure why the white courtesy lights seem to flicker in the video put they are on steady.

Back