• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New (to me) 92 D350 dually 5spd

Right now just working on getting the 83 360 4spd more daily driver capable. Working out some of the electrical kinks and such here in Texas Ac is a must. I have thought about a cummins swap but currently don't have a large enough shop to take on that project. Time will tell. Always looking for a great donor deal.
What are you running for tires and wheels. I am still running the 16.5s with 9.50 Firestones. Tires cost a little more than 16s where cheaper than 17s still cheaper than a wheel change. Just hope one never dissinigrates away from home. The local firestone store still has one in stock for me.

When I bought the truck it had 16.5 bias ply. Had mud grip implement tires on the front. It shook so bad you couldn't go over 50mph. I had a buddy with a full set of 16inch rims and a spare. I just had a new set of tires installed on the 16s. I went with pathfinder AT. Radial tires loaf rated E. wasn't cheap but a lot less expensive than a set of 16.5.

Sticking with the 16.5s was a tough choice. But the fact it doesn't get far from home helped. If it was affordable to drive cross country it would have been a different story. I have a tire available here. In the middle of no where would be taking a big chance.

I just bought a 92 D350 dually LE. It's very nicely equipped with working AC, tilt, PW, PDL, PM, and non working cruise. It has just under 200K and has receipts for over $3000 worth of repairs, parts, and upgrades over the last 2 yrs. Things like rotors and pads, all new front end parts, clutch, trans rebuild, master cyl, alt, 5" exhaust, shocks, front springs, 4 new dually tires, water/meoh injection, and numerous other little things. I did have to replace the lower ball joints, buy 2 tires, and get it aligned. It was an IA farm truck that drug a 5th wheel to FA every winter and the body is nearly rust free with only a small spot coming on the driver's side floor board, EZ fix. The original owner did manage to ruin the DS bed top with his trailer. He then beat it out and troweled on bondo with a rake and painted it with a roller. Not really but it looks bad. Still all in all, I'm a happy camper. I was looking for a donor truck for my 80 D150 diesel project but I think my plans are changing. Right now I'm leaning toward swapping doors and fenders and thus getting the earlier body style I like so much. From there, who knows. I drove it to the Mopar Nats last sat and got smack on 23 mpg with the AC running part time. Like I said, I'm a happy camper.

If this is your first diesel truck and you have been pulling trailers with a half-ton gas truck or a car,you aren't going to believe the difference when you start hailing with this one. I have a 06 LBS Duramax with 365HP and 665 ft.lbs of torque with 3:73 gears and have hauled right at 20,000 lbs with it at 75 MPH,and it was so smooth you could forget you were pulling anything. Diesels work so well it's enough to make you want to set fire to any gas trucks at home.

The resale value of a good diesel pu is good,too. Not so much if you buy a new one,but if you buy one 4 or 5 years old in good condition,they hold their value about as good as anything you will find.

I now have a new gas half-ton pu that I bought for local driving to save wear and tear on my diesel truck.

Making progress. starting to put things back together.

95659653_224969192291423_113967781833080832_n (003).jpg

95676351_268060650993849_1814333132317392896_n (2) (003).jpg

95258500_236537281116777_4532791983210496000_n (2) (002).jpg

image (1) (003).png

image (003).png

Yes. The hood was so mangled that I decided I couldn't hurt it, and I kind wanted it. Here's an underside pic. Bought the scoop from Summit.

unnamed (7).png

Yea, I'm putting the dash back together right now. Then new glass and seals, after that, the doors go back on, then so on and so on. It takes me a while. I was just pleased with the bumper and tailgate. Everything still gets one last buffing compound too, so lots to do.

Back