• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member with old truck

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I have had my 1980 D200 since May 20th, 1980. Rust is a major issue, and I am thinking about replacing the box. I haven't been able to find a 72 - 80, let alone one with two gas tanks. Has anyone put an '81+ box, on an earlier model? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard Yellowdart69, I would have to do some measuring on the frame to see how much work it would be, and if the bed side is as tall.
But I would think it can be dun..

Might be late in this but all 72 - 93 boxs bolt on in same holes, the body shape at the very front of the box is same also.

In the mean time, I have a bought a '77 in pretty good condition, as a parts truck. But it is much better than my 80. Somehow, I now have two trucks! The 77 is too nice to take apart.

Welcome YellowDart69! "I now have two trucks!" We'll time & date that one! The addiction is creeping up on you You've come to a good support group! If you have a large piece of property it will spread quick!

DodgeAddict - I have too many vehicles already! Two Caravans Two convertibles [a Dart and a Sebring] a Cordoba, and now two pick ups - and I live in the middle of a big city. You're right, I need a big piece of property.

Every few years people will come by selling aerial photos of my farm. The problem is that even though you have all the old junk behind buildings out of sight of land dwelling visitors, those aerial photos show everything. The best ones are after a big snow. That white stuff does a good job of covering up all that stuff. This spring and again this fall I built two small buildings from used free standing metal so I have a place to store all that stuff that's too good to get rid of, but can set around for years unused.

Back