• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New guy here building 84 d-150

moturbopar

Reaction score
Hi all, picked up a 84 d150 prospector short bed about a year ago. Finally getting around to working on it. Pulled the worn out overheated 318 and lock up 904. putting in a built 360,
30. over, forged probe pistons, 10 to 1
scat rods,, stock crank, decked block, ported EQ heads
with 2.02, 1.62 valves. Lunati solid lifter cam voodoo 264. its 235, 243 at .050
110 lobe separation, lift with 1.6 rockers is .561 intake .582.
performer RPM intake
750 holley carb, 1 5/8 headers dual 3" exhaust
Built 904, with roadrunner 10" 3000 stall converter
ferd 8.8 with 4.10 gears
leaf springs for now, and home made caltracs. Might go 4 link later on.
10.5" drag radials.
truck will be lightened up as much as possible, manual brakes, might go manual steering. not sure about getting rid of the AC yet, but it sure is heavy. would like to get the truck into the 12s, if I cant do it on motor alone I will spray it up to 150 shot.
Anyways hi all, nice to be here

Hi good to see ya man. Sounds like you have nice start. Do you have any pics so far? Have you thought of turboing before you nos? might help get you to the 12s a little quicker???

Sounds like a sweet build ! Pictures would be great . That turbo idea isn't bad "dingus45" ! He'd probably want to drop his compression though if he went that route .

Sounds like a sweet build ! Pictures would be great . That turbo idea isn't bad "dingus45" ! He'd probably want to drop his compression though if he went that route .

Thanks guys. Well plans have changed and i am now building a turbo 360 for this truck!

Sounds great ! I love FAST trucks ! Keep us posted or better yet maybe think about a build thread . Have you seen the 360 twin turbo lil red someone is building on here yet ?

I will see what I can do on a build up thread. Have everything to get the engine together finally. Going to start prepping the engine bay, cleaning up wiring, some pressure washing, and paint.
Here is a pic of my $650 project truck!

truckdodge.jpg

truckdodge.jpg

Last edited:
Man ! That look's "solid" ! Look's like the perfect foundation for a good build . Then again , I guess I am a lil partial to trucks with steps and rear fenders . lol

$650? You stole that! Build the engine and leave it looking like that and surprise a lot of people!

Thanks all! Yes it will probably keep the patina look for a while, probably until everything else is done. Im wanting to widen the rear 7" steel wheels to 10". maybe lower it 1.5 to 2 inches all around.

You'd probably get quicker, more direct responses if you created your own thread...

But, have you checked the local parts stores and salvage yards? If you're in the DFW area, there's probably a few dozen of them outside the 820 loop.

Back