• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Dodge 1500 Express

rick5.2

Reaction score
I was watching that show 'Gearz' and Stacy had a pickup on there called the Dodge 1500 Express. For like 20,000 dollars you get the 390 hp Hemi in it with the short bed, standard cab. HotRod truck. Thought it was quite a deal and the aftermarket for them is extensive. Another take on the the "Little Red Express"?

It will be another failed R/T type pick-up truck, me thinks...

Its a great idea. But only time will tell. At least this time they aren't putting a wing on it and advertising a pickup as a Daytona.

Yeah it looks like a regular old Ram, no bells and whistles. The owner can add whatever they want to the base package though. I'll have to catch the the next episode where he modifies the engine a bit. All he did so far is add a a dual-snorkel type hood and a tonneau cover.

The Express is simply a cheaper package on a Dodge Ram. My cousin just bought one and it's a very nice truck for the money. Darn near if not exactly as nicely optioned as our 2003 Ram 1500 SLT. Actually, considering it has bluetooth for the phone which wasn't available back in '03, it's nicer.
I think it will be a popular package. It's not meant to be something "special" like some of you are thinking.

It's not meant to be something "special" like some of you are thinking.

I think you are right. On the show they try to play it up as some sort of sport truck but its just a plain jane Ram with the bigger engine in it. Kinda reminds me of the SXT package Dodge was putting on everything for awhile to make the stripped down versions seem more sporty. Its all marketing really. Even on my own 06 Ram its a TRX4 package which is considered the off-road package. Its a nice truck and fully loaded and all, but if I was truely in need of a pure off-road rig there are many things my truck is lacking to fill that role in my opinion.

Are you the same GTS340 From FABO and Chicago mopar club?

:frown:Looks to be a great truck. Dodge needs to do a marketing strategy, on this and do like back in the 60s and 7os. the guys with the white hat. If you have a good product, market the heck out of this.

Dodge's marketing strategy is rather poor. If you want to sell more trucks, you need to put the word out. I haven't even heard of this truck till yesterday. It looks to be a winner with a hemi and the low price.

Last edited:
Another way to get a stripped down 1500 is to check out what they call their Contractor trucks. Basic trucks with rubber floormats standard.. I know it's not for everybody but some of us don't need or want 6 way power ashtrays and all the must have stuff they think we need. Might be an interesting way to get a "stripper" if pure performance is what you have in mind. I only recently heard of these myself.

I saw the Express on Gearz too.. it's a good idea anyway.

Alan

Back