• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Dakota R/T owner

HALIFAXHOPS

Beerening at its best!
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2000 Dakota R/T. Just curious except for rust anything I shoud look for. The truck is pretty rust free thats why I bought it.

DSC00335.JPG

Frame by the front leaf spring hangers, frame splits there held together by leaf spring hanger rivets,

Ball joint. Major recall on em, would fail and come apart. Intake manifold belly pan gasket. Always leaks on Magnums. Some no real issue others, fouled plugs, poor vacuum make it run poorly and have really bad gas mileage. Nice find, good luck with it. Btw, there is a Dakota section here should you want to post progress to like minded folks. ;-)

So took the R/T out for its maiden ride to get gas, runs like a beast. Decided to put some miles on it go down a nice 55 mph streach to my friends shop (Mark the guy Tim hauls stuff to) He was out sick, no biggie. Get on it pretty good coming back, holy crap that thing pegs the spedo out like nothing and drives like a Caddilack, So get down to 55 again here comes a trooper behind me lights on . Great, maiden ride and I get a speeding ticket. figures. Pull over he blasts past me. Definately got the heart going. Oh yeah Harley is going ape crap with the lights trying to chase them almost as bad as when she goes in a car wash. Seriously a good truck.

Those are some seriously fun trucks. If it’s got a 42RE and you tow with it, do not use overdrive to when towing. But the only thing I don’t like about it is that it isn’t mine!

Back