• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

new clutch

66Powerwagon

Reaction score
my w100 needs a new clutch. I want to stay with the 3 finger design that is there now. What about the McLeod 260111 or 260811, both diaphragm design. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

What do you do with the truck ? I tried looking up the part numbers you gave and I only came up with the disks . Are you also thinking of swapping the three finger pressure plate to a diaphragm style for a lighter peddle feel ?

Switching to a diaphragm would me my last resort. I prefer to stay with the 3 finger. The peddle feel is fine. I will continue my research. I need a 10 spline clutch for my 318 poly. My only other option is more expensive,ie, go with an NP435 tranny which has a 23 spline input shaft. As before, any recommendations for a 10 spline clutch???

Last edited:
I drive the truck almost daily during winter. I do sometimes tow a trailer, and seldom go offroad. Any ideas for a 10 spline clutch??

The only reason why I had asked about the diaphragm style pressure plate is because you had mentioned it in your original post . Personally I'd keep the borg & beck style ( three finger ) myself . What transmission do you have in the truck ? I've tried doing some research and everything comes up with a 23 spline for your application . Do you or have you had the transmission out ? Is that why you know it's a 10 spline ? I know some of the old GM trucks had a 10 spline disc and I believe those transmissions bolted up to the Dodge bell housings . Could someone have done that ?

The only reason why I had asked about the diaphragm style pressure plate is because you had mentioned it in your original post . Personally I'd keep the borg & beck style ( three finger ) myself . What transmission do you have in the truck ? I've tried doing some research and everything comes up with a 23 spline for your application . Do you or have you had the transmission out ? Is that why you know it's a 10 spline ? I know some of the old GM trucks had a 10 spline disc and I believe those transmissions bolted up to the Dodge bell housings . Could someone have done that ?
I'm going to stay with the borg & beck. I called HR Clutch upon recommendation from another forum, and they said they have one for me. I'll order it Monday. I have also done lots of research on the clutch and have come up with the same as you. It's got a 318 poly with a np420 tranny with a 10 spline input shaft and a divorced transfer case(np201). Never had the trans out.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help . The only other thing I could have suggested is to have one made . Back in my racing days I used to go to a place here in Boston , I think it was called Boston Clutch , and they could make me up anything I wanted . I would assume you would have a place like that in your area as well .

What areas of Reno are you from, I'm out in cold springs, nv. I've got start on project 1979 power wagon 150 prospector edition, always looking for people in the same interests. Just s
Registered in the truck group this weekend, still trying the web page.
I've got a ton of ideas, part store are a few mile , so still gathering.

Back