• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need some help with trailer hitch

7mopar

Reaction score
Have a 82 Dodge D350 commercial framed truck with flat bed and Peabody Lift. Removal of the lift is not an option and an getting tired of installing and removing a cat 4 receiver hitch. Would like a cat 5 rated hitch and have considered a goose neck but still have issues with the gate to work around. Will try to post some pictures.

20151227_161220.jpg

20151227_161135.jpg

20151227_161117.jpg

20151227_161014.jpg

So I have given this a week and no reply. Just how far back on the frame can a goose neck plate be attached and what are the vertical limitations for a tailgate?

Sorry I can't be much help with this one . It's one of those thing where for me , I'd have to be there in person to try and help figure it out .

I have been looking at it for 3 years now and am still very undecided. Thought just maybe could find a hitch builder on here with some suggestions and does or do nots.

I have been looking at it for 3 years now and am still very undecided. Thought just maybe could find a hitch builder on here with some suggestions and does or do nots.
I know there's a couple of good welders as well as fab guy's on here . Maybe they'll see this and come up with a couple of ideas for you to try .

I have had some ideas. Guess maybe the thing to do would be to post some idea draws and see if anybody thinks they're crazy.

Why not the platform of the lift ''fold'' in two?.... then maybe it will clear the gooseneck...

........... I'd have to be there in person to try and help figure it out .
..........Yeah, I'm a ''visual'' guy too and the pics don't show the full height of the platform lift when it's up (vertical).......if you cut the platform floor (horizontaly) and fold (inside the truck) the upper section, then maybe a gooseneck trailer will clear that platform!!!..........

..........Yeah, I'm a ''visual'' guy too and the pics don't show the full height of the platform lift when it's up (vertical).......if you cut the platform floor (horizontaly) and fold (inside the truck) the upper section, then maybe a gooseneck trailer will clear that platform!!!..........
Yeah , I'm definitely a hands on type of guy when it comes to figuring things like this out and that's not a bad idea "jeepsterhemi" , not a bad idea at all . I can see where your going with it . But I think the piston for the lift would ( or might ) be in the way . I'm just shooting in the dark here . Open for any ideas .

Have thought of splitting the platform for a hinge. Would have to be one strong hinge as this is a 2000 lb. lift. The gate stands 2' 3" above the bed. From center of axle to end of bed is 5' 3".

Back