• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My Towing setup

227964_1019188609386_1515289290_30059903_6805772_n.jpg

My current truck for hauling stuff, and my favorite thing to haul around.

227964_1019188609386_1515289290_30059903_6805772_n.jpg

Nice truck and boat! Is that a solid wood boat?

Thanks!

Yes it's a 1960 PennYan lapstrake mahogany boat. My grandfather bought it new in 1960, and it has been in the family since then. Passed to my dad about 20 years ago or so, and when my dad died, it went to me.

Where did you get that trailer? I just tried to tow my old truck back from Detroit to Chicago this weekend with a u-haul and it did not fit... Now I'm trying to figure how to get it towed back. It has to be hauled on a trailer or flatbed tow truck as it was t-boned in detroit and can't be towed with a two wheel dolly as the damage from the accident has made the real axle cocked. I would be willing to pay you to haul it back if you had the time to do it.

Where did you get that trailer? I just tried to tow my old truck back from Detroit to Chicago this weekend with a u-haul and it did not fit... Now I'm trying to figure how to get it towed back. It has to be hauled on a trailer or flatbed tow truck as it was t-boned in detroit and can't be towed with a two wheel dolly as the damage from the accident has made the real axle cocked. I would be willing to pay you to haul it back if you had the time to do it.

Yea that is why I bought this trailer. Most of the guys I know with trailers have heavy duty farm utility type trailers that are a pain in the ass to get a vehicle on and U-haul trailers are pretty much a joke. This trailer is a nice mix of utility/ car hauler. Thing I hate about straight car haulers is they are open in the middle and they are useless for anything else. This is a Loadtrail its a sister company to PJ trailers I bought it at a local dealer. Best investment I ever made dunno how I got by without it.

As for going and getting it for you I am busy this weekend. Plus I don't do this professionally so I am particular who I haul stuff on the side for.

Back