• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

my supercharged 96 dak....

And me getting my ass handed to me by a Gen 1 dak.......

[video=youtube;ovEUTEhz0aA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovEUTEhz0aA[/video]

I am blown away at the accelaration of that gen 1. Looks like he didn't even spin them at all. What was he using for a suspension system to get it to hook up like that?

That thing should be faster than that! Stock Dakotas do that in the quarter. Those big ole 20 inch rims probably don't help for one, how much boost on the supercharger? Did you have to reprogram the computer? Mopar has them performance computers, and I've seen modules called "piggybacks" that install between the computer and sensors to give you remapping at full throttle.
The 20s aren't helping any, nor is the 200# of subs in the backseat that I was too lazy to take out...or the spare that didn't want to come down......Also, I think that my a. Belly pan gasket is leaking and/or b. My rings are shot and/or c. I have massive belt slip.... I should be right around 8-9 psi, but I am only seeing 6....so something is still a miss there...And I am using the Paxton "paxtamap" boost referenced piggyback with an msd btm.

Where you guys from? I heard Belvedere, Ill on the loud speaker but I as far as I know the only drag strip in Northern Ill is south of Chitown. I am here in South Eastern WI just across the border which is why I am curious.
We were at Byron dragway, in Byron IL, about 10mi south of Rockford on I39.I know Great Lakes dragway is up there somewhere too..... That may be in WI though... I haven't been there....

I am blown away at the accelaration of that gen 1. Looks like he didn't even spin them at all. What was he using for a suspension system to get it to hook up like that?
Leafs with caltracs..... And M/T drag radials.... He has an 8.75 rear with 3.90s and a sure grip, and the track prep was awesome......They were running an 8.90 index bike sanctioned event that day as well.....

We were at Byron dragway, in Byron IL, about 10mi south of Rockford on I39.I know Great Lakes dragway is up there somewhere too..... That may be in WI though... I haven't been there....

Yea Greatlakes is up here in WI. I never knew about Byron had a dragstrip.

Super Dak

The 20s aren't helping any, nor is the 200# of subs in the backseat that I was too lazy to take out...or the spare that didn't want to come down......Also, I think that my a. Belly pan gasket is leaking and/or b. My rings are shot and/or c. I have massive belt slip.... I should be right around 8-9 psi, but I am only seeing 6....so something is still a miss there...And I am using the Paxton "paxtamap" boost referenced piggyback with an msd btm.

That piggyback came with the supercharger? Or did you buy it seperataly? You maybe getting some serious blowby especially at boost. Check PCV/Breather and see if it is working correctly. Does it burn any oil? Maybe check the plugs to see if there is any deposits on them. Belly pan is the plenum pan, I looked it up as I didn't know what that was in my service manual and that could be a definate possibility that would cause a vacuum leak and oil consumption.

That piggyback came with the supercharger? Or did you buy it seperataly? You maybe getting some serious blowby especially at boost. Check PCV/Breather and see if it is working correctly. Does it burn any oil? Maybe check the plugs to see if there is any deposits on them. Belly pan is the plenum pan, I looked it up as I didn't know what that was in my service manual and that could be a definate possibility that would cause a vacuum leak and oil consumption.
The piggy back is a separate system, but it is the system that comes with a Paxton blower..... I have a powerdyne...... I would say it doesn't use oil abnormally...... A quart every 3k miles... The engine has 92,300 miles on it......PCV appears to be correctly functioning, and the plugs will be checked when I do the compression test some time this week...... My gut is saying it's the plenum, asthey blow n/a around 80-90k.......

Well... Bumping this to say the blower is comimg off this spring.... And i am going turbo instead... Diagnosed my lack of boost as belt slip, and its not burning oil so the belly is fine.....

Now i just gotta take the turbo manifold i snagged and build the rest of the hot and cold sides....LOL and plumb up the turbo....

Back