• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My CN-800

j-miller

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of one of my toys,a 1971 Dodge CN-800. Bought it 6 years ago and really haven't done much too it yet. It has a Cummins V-8 diesel,5 speed with 2 speed rear. I recently have put on some nicer fenders,hood and a shutter style grill in it but don't have any recent pics. It's just a tinker with when I feel like project.

HPIM0485.jpg

HPIM0490.jpg

When I bought it, it was some farm truck. Before it's farm use,it was a local business's truck. It has a pintal hitch and air brake hook ups on the rear frame to pull a "pup" trailer. The farmer even added the lift tag axle on the back to haul more tonnage also.

Were are you located? I have a low Mi 555 in Pa. I often thought of having it for a L-700 but never got to one that had it. I did miss on 2.
No it's not, but wish it was a triple nickel. It has a V-504 in it now.

Wow, there was a single axle one of these in the local junkyard with a stake bed and a gas engine, saved the dodge letters and gear emblems off of it and i think they crushed it...

I've always dreamed of a L700 on a 35' Winnie chassis Build a living area in the void between the cab & rear axle with a hitch for a gooseneck trailer 6BT & a Allison auto. But this is all I can find for now to build! LOL

SAM_3433.JPG

The "L's" were some ugly ass trucks, but I love 'em!!!!!!
I drove one with a 20' box behind it back in the early 70's ('67 L-700 361-3 gas engine). It was pretty used up by then, but it was a work horse. One of my co-workers used to refer to it a S-N-S (Slow, noisy and Smelly) lol

Last edited:
Well,I got in the mood here lately on working on my C series truck. I had some better swing out fenders,hood and a shutter style radiator grill for it since they were more rust free and not dented all to heck like my old ones. So today I better snap a pic of it with everything on. I still have to fine tune the fit on the left fender but ran out of time.

2012-10-22_15-06-31_993.jpg

I did some more work on my CN-800 yesterday and glass beaded my dry air filter canister and painted it. It will replace the oil bath type that is on the side of the hood.

2012-11-30_10-21-41_562.jpg

2012-11-30_10-21-22_22.jpg

Back