• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My 81 d150

74360DUSTER

Reaction score
This is my 1981 d150.started life out as a 78 step side. I drank a few when i was 17 and went through a couple ditches and a fence. So ditched the 78 body and bought a 81 long box.swapped the cab and clip. Then bought the bed from my buddy whos truck caught fire. I got the truck when i was 14. I am 31 now. Have maybe put 700 miles on it in the last 8 yrs. It is a pretty stought 318, 4bbl, performer intake, mild cam, hedders, has a 833 4spd from a dodge challenger, hurst competition plus shifter with the shift stops, a 8.75 rear axle with a 3.55 clutch posi and a set of solid traction bars with the adjustable heims as i kept twisting off rear yokes while power shifting 2nd gear. The truck was a lot of fun in high school with alot of memories. I recently had a old friend call me wanting to buy it. I almost did. But after owning this truck for 17 yrs and thinking back. It isn't costing me anything for it to sit in the garage and using the bed for storage. Lol
hope you all like it. I dont have a picture but it has a roll pan with a set of rectangle tips running through the pan. Looks pretty tight. Kinda like a challenger setup.my dad and i painted this truck when i was 18. Neither of us ever doing it before and to say the least was very pleased with the results. Hope you all enjoy it.
The seat was done by the local prisoners here in a prison close to my home town.i drew them the color scheme and when i picked it up i had the surprise of them putting the ram logo in it. I was excited to see it. Pretty cool of them.

RED TRUCK.jpg

SEAT1.jpg

SEAT2.jpg

Nice , very nice ! But you gotta take it out and slam threw some gears and blow the dust off a little more . lol All though I should talk , I think I took my truck out a total of maybe five time's this summer . lol

I have a 72 steel crank 440 setting at dads. Thinking about dropping in a .557 purple cam and m1 intake from my drag car and put it aim my truck with the 4/SPD. Just thinking it maybe a lot of fun. Was gonna 4spd my big block 67 coronet. But hate to go cutting up a good car. And since trick already has a 833 4spd it would be a little less work. An prolly just as much fun. And still able to flog it and bang some gears.

I have a 72 steel crank 440 setting at dads. Thinking about dropping in a .557 purple cam and m1 intake from my drag car and put it aim my truck with the 4/SPD. Just thinking it maybe a lot of fun. Was gonna 4spd my big block 67 coronet. But hate to go cutting up a good car. And since trick already has a 833 4spd it would be a little less work. An prolly just as much fun. And still able to flog it and bang some gears.
I've been thinkings behind! Do it!Do it!Do it!

you all would be impressed with the 318. it will fry the tires through low gear lay about 20 ft in second gear and bark a 3rd gear. back in the day it would bark 4th. but it is starting to get a little tired. lol. and to be honest really just ran the living shi$ out of this motor. and it has never failed surprisingly.
I am driving my 11.90 small block duster to work tomorrow. decided since its supposed to be 67 deg tomorrow. i might as well get it out an drive it.
can you post videos on here like on abodies. it is a healthy motor. it run 13.3 in this truck and when i dropped it in the duster it ran 11.92
i will be happy if the truck runs 13.3 again with the 440 in it next spring. just not sure whether to run hedders or go with the truck manifolds. probably will go with the hedders.

heres a shot of my duster at the drag strip with one of my twin girls behind the wheel. i dont have the matching rear wheels on it cause my drag radials are on the drag light wheels and the convo pros have my street tires on them.

download.jpg

I'm realy not surprised . I think the 318 is one of the most under rated motors out there . I've done a couple and was allway's more then happy with the end result . As for the 440 and weather to go headers or not ? My vote's for the headers . [/QUOTE]
you all would be impressed with the 318. it will fry the tires through low gear lay about 20 ft in second gear and bark a 3rd gear. back in the day it would bark 4th. but it is starting to get a little tired. lol. and to be honest really just ran the living shi$ out of this motor. and it has never failed surprisingly.
I am driving my 11.90 small block duster to work tomorrow. decided since its supposed to be 67 deg tomorrow. i might as well get it out an drive it.
can you post videos on here like on abodies. it is a healthy motor. it run 13.3 in this truck and when i dropped it in the duster it ran 11.92
i will be happy if the truck runs 13.3 again with the 440 in it next spring. just not sure whether to run hedders or go with the truck manifolds. probably will go with the hedders.

Last edited:
Nice Duster ! Is that the original green ?
heres a shot of my duster at the drag strip with one of my twin girls behind the wheel. i dont have the matching rear wheels on it cause my drag radials are on the drag light wheels and the convo pros have my street tires on them.

Last edited:
thanks. no the green is one of the 3 colors it changes. it is a chameleon style paint. it changes to a bright blue and purple. its different. also looks grey in a bright sunlight from a certain veiw.

Back