• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My 1971 Dodge CN-800 resto

Any Progress?

Not lately for me. The last time I really worked on it was probably early January and all I did was remove the heater box out of the cab so I can clean it up and give it a cheap paint job. When I was taking it apart, I had insulation packed around the heater core because of a mouse lived in it.
So hopefully I can mess with it some more when the weather turns nicer but all I do right now is start it up and charge the batteries up.

Ok,I have a some progress pics. Nothing done to the truck itself but to my emblems. I had them sent down to Leanna at Phoenix Specialty Coatings and they turned out awsome! She put alot of time into them as some emblems had bad pitting than others. But they all turned out very super to me and will be will look great on the truck.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

The truck is looking good with the bed painted up 74360duster! It looks like it's ready to haul corn or grain.

Thanks for the compliments Prospector!!

John

Thanks for the compliments on Leanna's work on those emblems nothingbutdarts! They will look good on the truck when I get to that final stage.

Good for you to join up here Raini and yeah it's not a real active site not like FABO! LoL!

I haven't really worked on the truck lately as I have a couple freeze out plugs leaking,and I have a couple gaskets leaking antifreeze. Something else leads me to thinking I may have antifreeze mixing in the oil as I am seeing a chalky substance oozing out from under the valve cover. I'm not sure yet till I pop those off and do more investigating.

Back