• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

MOPAR guy from Missouri

Lucky01

Reaction score
Found this site while looking for Dodge truck info. My son and I are in the middle of a frame off Resto-Mod of a 1977 Dodge W200 M887 5/4 ton military pickup. 318, 727, 203, 4.10s front & rear. Thanks for a great site.

Welcome to the site "Lucky01" ! It's good to hear about a farther/son project . You know your going to have to show us some picture's of it , Right ? Maybe even start a build thread on here .

Thanks for the welcome. I'll work on the pictures. Unfortunately I didn't record the start of the project. Chassis is pretty much complete, minus engine and tranny. Starting on body work next.

Don't feel bad . I'm the same way . I'll start a project and then someone will ask me if I have a build thread somewhere or if I have any pictures of the way it was when I started . The answer is normally no . I think it's because I'm in such a hurry to get started or get something finished that I just don't think of it . Lately I've been trying to keep the camera near the door into the garage so when I think of it I'll grab it and try to keep some sort of a time line of progress of what I'm working on .

Yes welcome from Northeast Arkansas

OK, bear...here are the pics you requested. This is the beast the day we bought it. We had already removed the bumper tire carrier and painted grille. Note the character lines on the bed, I'm guessing '81 or '82. Bed is destined for the scrap heap, plan to put correct bed on.

20121006_180719.jpg20121006_180737.jpg

20121006_180719.jpg

20121006_180737.jpg

Look's like a good solid foundation ! Maaan that frame is "clean" ! Please keep us posted on your progress with it . Your right about the bed . Definitely an 80's bed . But you might want to hang onto it until you find a pre 80 bed for it , just in case .

Back