• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lube for the dang plastic wiper bushings??? What if any....

Cranky1

Banned Old Stinky Fart
Reaction score
I've tried regular grease and that doesn't work all that great. Figure they need silicone grease or something like that? S ick of the bushings not lasting very long in my 95 but my 96 sound like they are half shot. Is there a better bushing than that universal package from the auto parts store? This is the only thing on these trucks that I despise!

I've tried regular grease and that doesn't work all that great. Figure they need silicone grease or something like that? S ick of the bushings not lasting very long in my 95 but my 96 sound like they are half shot. Is there a better bushing than that universal package from the auto parts store? This is the only thing on these trucks that I despise!
I have used the Dorman replacements for years without issue. There is a universal kit that has the small bushings and then a specific kit that only has 2 for the big one. I have them in my parts bin but no part numbers, sorry. Yes, you want to use a heavy lithium or moly grease, not petroleum based grease at all! brakes down the plastic.

I used the Dorman ones on my 95, no lube at all & they must be pressed in carefully, but no issues after 3 years.

I have spray coated the pins with lithium. Makes getting them into the bushing easier.

Back