• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lowering a Dodge 1972 to 1993 D150 Without cutting springs using Van Lower Control Arms

all i can say is this , lowered trucks are easier to get into and corner better , and 4x4's get you anywhere and keep your feet dry when crossing creeks and streams . i've had and have both and everyone one loves my dodges . i hear it everyday i'm out there with one . but then again i'm the crazy mopar guy in california . just used my 61 d200 flatbed to move a thousand or so bricks , five hundred or so at a time .

Attachments

• DSC01537.JPG
    DSC01537.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 149
all i can say is this , lowered trucks are easier to get into and corner better , and 4x4's get you anywhere and keep your feet dry when crossing creeks and streams . i've had and have both and everyone one loves my dodges . i hear it everyday i'm out there with one . but then again i'm the crazy mopar guy in california . just used my 61 d200 flatbed to move a thousand or so bricks , five hundred or so at a time .
That is a little bit of weight for a D200

it drove fine and stopped when i wanted to , and it still had room above the tires before the bed . and you must remember these are older dodges not newer lesser rams . these things will do the job without breaking or dragg'n the bumper on the ground .

Attachments

• DSC01750.JPG
    DSC01750.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 145
it drove fine and stopped when i wanted to , and it still had room above the tires before the bed . and you must remember these are older dodges not newer lesser rams . these things will do the job without breaking or dragg'n the bumper on the ground .
Yes I know but 5200 lbs. is about max for the 83 D350 on the bed. I have had up to 5800 on it.

Yes I know but 5200 lbs. is about max for the 83 D350 on the bed. I have had up to 5800 on it.
Average weight of a brick is 5lb. The old 3/4 handled it like it wasn't even there. :joyful:

My 98 3/4 didn't like the three yards of river rock I filled it with. I emptied that as fast as I could, thought I broke my truck! Nope, she just squatted a lot.

well i can only say this '' stuff was made to fix and keep going back when american's made there own parts .'' now it breaks you replace it . so sad . this is a 61 , its 60 years old and still motor'n along . can any of these new rigs do that time on the planet , before getting recycled , lol . oh ya this is my 70 d300 rollback its still carrying them home . in fact thats my 61 d200 on it , and now another 60 d100 atop my mainer'd , lol .

Attachments

• DSC01539.JPG
    DSC01539.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01148.JPG
    DSC01148.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC03530.JPG
    DSC03530.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 154
As long as we have parts to put them back together with and fuel for the tank. I have to admit the 06 gets much better gas mileage.

yes better fuel mileage i agree , but for the amount of trucks built between my 61 and your 06 . i might find enough parts to build my 61 to 2020 standards of fuel mileage . lots of room under that hood for any powerplant and trans . or enough tbi or fuel injection with a turbo that /6 .

Attachments

• DSC01125.JPG
    DSC01125.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 160
It is just kinda a shame, if anyone had any of that today, that guys who like jacked trucks don't just hang with those guys and keep disparaging comments about guys who like dropped, or stock, height trucks to themselves, or hey, not even look at the posts from those other guys. If you haven't got something nice to say, you know, don't say anything! I have a static dropped first gen, and it'll haul or tow anything! The suspension is designed to be every bit as useful as any normal, factory height truck. So the assumption that because it's lowered it can't haul anything, is ignorant. This is America, and while our liberties are being taken away at a blinding rate by those in power over us (THAT was never supposed to happen!) it might be nice to remember that amount ourselves, we are free to do what we wish with our stuff, and no one else has to like it. But good manners (if there is such a thing today) would dictate we be polite to each other, particularly on a site with is supposed to be about our common interests: trucks.

Have to agree with most of it but when having good manners became meaning shut up and don't express opinions. I have to draw the line to many people have become easily offended. Some times the truth hurts. Has expressing the truth and how one feels about things become wrong? I sure hope not. But I realize there is a segment of society that has become to think differently. What a shame!
As to vehicles I have driven low rides and raised trucks. Don't much care for either. Then there are the leap frog vehicles. All I can say is it's a good thing we all have different taste or the world would be a boring and some times less amusing place.
Guess what I am trying to say with all this if you see someone doing or wanting to do something stupid would you encourage it just to be nice?
Now can we get back to Trucks?

Back