• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lowering a Dodge 1972 to 1993 D150 Without cutting springs using Van Lower Control Arms

Reaction score
Want to Lower your D150 truck without cutting springs, or cant find drop spindles, here is a way. Watch the You Tube Video

Bought an old dodge truck 1981 D150, While rebuilding the whole front end replaced the lower control arms for a truck with lower control arms for a van of the same year. Pretty straight forward
Watch to see might work for your project.

I can understand low. But if it drags on simple speed bumps and needs a pump to get it off the ground to move it.
I do think it comes to a point were people have more money than brains.

I had all the info on that from some other site which one beats me. It had pics and everything you needed to know.

I lower my trucks by working them..... they sit low with a bed full of dirt, sand, lumber, mowers, etc..... then sit normal when unloaded.

Would be nice if the haters would just shut the fuck up. If you don't like lowered trucks then don't lower your truck.
I don't go to Illinois just to tell the people there that their state is a flat shit hole and everyone there is stupid.

I have a volare because of 2 things/ they're a little different, and I couldn't find a duster to save my life when I was looking.
I also have a b body fury 2 door but I mostly drive trucks. I love em but just think that most of them are ruined if lowered.
As far as illinois being a shit hole, that it is.

It just depends on what you use your truck for. If used as a truck hauling dirt and towing a trailer then I agree not to lower it. I have a 78 D200 that is getting a CTD 12 valve with a 518 tranny. Gong to use it as a truck hauling loads and towing my trailers so I wouldn't want to lower that. I also have a 78 D100 short bed that is getting a 400hp motor with a 518 tranny. It won't be hauling dirt or have a tow hitch. I want it to handle and corner like a road car so it will be getting lowered with sway bars and other goodies.
I also drive a 72 Satellite Sebring Plus cause it is a little different too but I've owned a lot of trucks over the years. Burned out on E bodied and 69 Chargers.
Also I don't think Illinois is a shit hole. Just making an example. Is flat and maybe a little boring.

Would be nice if the haters would just shut the fuck up. If you don't like lowered trucks then don't lower your truck.
I don't go to Illinois just to tell the people there that their state is a flat shit hole and everyone there is stupid.
Same could be said for those that don't like Volare's.
We all have different taste thank God. No reason to get abusive just because someone's taste are different than yours.
But really just got back from vacation and had friends nice enough to loan us a handicap van they had sitting doing nothing.
Here is what I found out about low.

Speed bumps: yes if not to tall and you slowed to a crawl.
Street entrances: better be almost flat or it's going to drag.
Railroad crossings: you think those equi

I'll say again... yes Illinois IS a shit hole, wasnt so bad in the 70s and 80s while I was growing up, (can't remember the tail end of the 60s cuz I was too little) the extent of it being a shit hole is certainly amplified because they are also my employer.
I an a fleet mechanic that has to help to keep Illinois' "past prime" fleet on the road....... from police to plows to state parks to parole agents to mental hospitals, to mowing tractors and more. I've lived here all of my 53 years.
Governmentally wise, and politically wise, they do not believe in anything that makes sense......

Same could be said for those that don't like Volare's.
We all have different taste thank God. No reason to get abusive just because someone's taste are different than yours.
But really just got back from vacation and had friends nice enough to loan us a handicap van they had sitting doing nothing.
Here is what I found out about low.

Speed bumps: yes if not to tall and you slowed to a crawl.
Street entrances: better be almost flat or it's going to drag.
Railroad crossings: you think those equi

He had the same response over on Moparts on my thread about how to lower a D100. Funny that another guy also from Illinois who is a friend of mine had to post his negative opinion.
If the thread was who likes or hates lowered trucks that would be different. I never stated that I don't like Volares, just that I've crush them. I don't care who drives what.
I was just trying to make a point. I get tired of people's hateful negative opinions when not asked for it. Same thing happened over on Moparts on a thread asking "which would you rather have? 71 Charger or 71 Road Runner?" A guy that I actually like had to post how much he hated those cars and they were never used in any movies. He owns 69 Chargers. That wasn't the question and let him know it. There is too much hate in the world.
Also these are trucks being lowered a bit. Not cars being slammed on the ground. Speed bumps and RR crossings are no problem.
I helped build this a few years ago and if it didn't have airbags it would get high centered on a walnut.

DCP_7002.jpg

I'll say again... yes Illinois IS a shit hole, wasnt so bad in the 70s and 80s while I was growing up, (can't remember the tail end of the 60s cuz I was too little) the extent of it being a shit hole is certainly amplified because they are also my employer.
I an a fleet mechanic that has to help to keep Illinois' "past prime" fleet on the road....... from police to plows to state parks to parole agents to mental hospitals, to mowing tractors and more. I've lived here all of my 53 years.
Governmentally wise, and politically wise, they do not believe in anything that makes sense......
You would know better than me. I've been there several times but never lived there. I can kind of say the same about Colorado. Not a shit hole but certainly not like it was 30-60 years ago. The pot smoking hippy liberals are running amuck.

Colorado is still a beautiful state. Just stay out of the cities and off the freeway. The wife and I just got done crossing it on old 50 hwy.
From Pueblo to interstate 70 into Utah.
Things that could be seen for free in the 60's and 70's are now money pits.

He had the same response over on Moparts on my thread about how to lower a D100. Funny that another guy also from Illinois who is a friend of mine had to post his negative opinion.
If the thread was who likes or hates lowered trucks that would be different. I never stated that I don't like Volares, just that I've crush them. I don't care who drives what.
I was just trying to make a point. I get tired of people's hateful negative opinions when not asked for it. Same thing happened over on Moparts on a thread asking "which would you rather have? 71 Charger or 71 Road Runner?" A guy that I actually like had to post how much he hated those cars and they were never used in any movies. He owns 69 Chargers. That wasn't the question and let him know it. There is too much hate in the world.
Also these are trucks being lowered a bit. Not cars being slammed on the ground. Speed bumps and RR crossings are no problem.
I helped build this a few years ago and if it didn't have airbags it would get high centered on a walnut.

View attachment 18479
That's why I no longer venture in to that portion of the B bodies form. It is not for me.
I don't agree with the butchery so I just don't go there.

WOW, I can see this thread isn’t for me. Maybe not even this site with all the bitching going on. Kim
You're on FABO and that's got tons of drama. This is one of the only threads here that has any bitching, between two members.

Last edited:
Back