• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Low mileage 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD

TrucksNCoffee

Reaction score
I have a very good lead on a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax 4X4 owned by a family friend. Without going into boring detail, I'll just say that it has been stored inside a well-built shop since he purchased it new from a local dealership. He has maintained it very well over the years, starting and driving it periodically and keeping the battery charge up to snuff. The owner's family has moved him to an assisted living facility, and this pickup will soon be available for sale. It has 1800 miles on the odometer.

That is not an editorial error. 1,800. One thousand, eight hundred miles.

If I am able to acquire this once-in-a-lifetime gem, what fluids would you all recommend changing?

PS: I've noticed, in a very short time, that y'all really like pictures, so I'm posting a stock, internet pic of an identical truck. I'm new here, gotta keep everyone happy 'till I've been here a while.

204376.jpg

I would check all the fluids and if they look good (not milky) I would leave things alone. Be sure to use a fuel treatment, I like Stanadyne a lot, Powerservice is ok also. The injectors like the added lubricity

Back