• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking to Buy a Ford F-150 Crew Cab Ecoboost

Matin789

Reaction score
Hello everyone - Hope this is in the right place

Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting the wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2012 Ford F-150 vehicle and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything I should be looking out for while doing my inspection.

Things I will be looking out for are
coolant or oil leads
Weird noises coming from the engine
check the transmission for slips and jolt
verify all the electronics are working properly
I will post some images and mileage below if you guys have any other suggestions to check.

Thanks and I look forward to joining this community

11.jpg

12.jpg

Take a scammer tool with you and make sure to drive it far enough to cycle the computer even if you have to put fuel in it. Some of the early eco's had problems so take the serials number and go online or better yet to a Ford dealership and check for recalls and service work. Above all don't sign or agree to anything until you have it in writing, have seen the title and are happy with the deal. It may be best to take it to your favorite shop or dealership for an inspection. I would prefer a Ford dealership the services that particular model. They know what to look for and have the ability to look into systems far deeper than the average Joe with a scan tool. Make sure to get print outs of all tests performed to use as a bargaining tool.

I know, I know I can look at it myself. Done that myself sometimes you get lucky, and it works out. But I have found the excitement of the deal often gets in the way of reality.

How many miles are on it? Any maintenance records? I have done timing chains and phasers on a few 12 and 13's and used the Ford kits. Oil changes at 5,000 or less miles using a full synthetic

Thanks guys for the helpful suggestions. After requesting the VIN number and decoding on this site. I found so much detailed history about the car that it was shocking. I found lots of photos showing that this was a salvaged car.

Turns out that a $15 report helped save me from spending lots of money on a damaged car. Funny enough when confronting the seller about it he literally stopped responding to my texts and calls. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.

You can see the details of the report here - https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/1FTFW1CT4CFC21610

You dodged a bullet there, it's different if you knew you were buying a salvage truck. Sounds like he was trying to sell it without telling you

Anyone has an close call experience on buying a salvage title vehicle, if yes share your story

When I bought my truck, I made sure to check out the Vehicle Inspection Report from Autoxloo. And lemme tell ya, it was super helpful! So, I totally recommend you do the same when you're getting a truck. It's like having all the inside scoop on the ride's condition, so you can make a smart move. Trust me, it's worth it!

If I HAD to buy a ford it would have to be 96-earlier where I could get a 300 inline 6 or a 302

Back