• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking to buy 2006 ford f-150, need your advice!!!

Matin789

Reaction score
Hey ford trucks team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2006 ford f-150, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this ford trucks, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

They are asking for the price of $6000 and it has 173000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
1663649442837.png

1663649477300.png

1663649501394.png

Cranky1

Banned Old Stinky Fart
Reaction score
Does it have a strong smell of carpet shampoo and/or other cleaners? If so, look for evidence of being flooded. I've had a 79 Dodge pickup that had water half way up over the door speakers and even got water in the power steering pump from driving it out of the high water but everything ended up ok. The water even evaporated out of the pump. My wife's car (79 Mustang) also got about the same amount of water in it where it was parked at work. It got all the fluids changed and it was ok. Lots more electronics in the new stuff.....be careful and check it really good. Think fine tooth comb over and under it.

7mopar

Reaction score
Does it have a strong smell of carpet shampoo and/or other cleaners? If so, look for evidence of being flooded. I've had a 79 Dodge pickup that had water half way up over the door speakers and even got water in the power steering pump from driving it out of the high water but everything ended up ok. The water even evaporated out of the pump. My wife's car (79 Mustang) also got about the same amount of water in it where it was parked at work. It got all the fluids changed and it was ok. Lots more electronics in the new stuff.....be careful and check it really good. Think fine tooth comb over and under it.
Any of that should show on an insurance claim.