• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking to buy 2006 ford f-150, need your advice!!!

Matin789

Reaction score
Hey ford trucks team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2006 ford f-150, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this ford trucks, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

They are asking for the price of $6000 and it has 173000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
1663649442837.png

1663649477300.png

1663649501394.png

Does it have a strong smell of carpet shampoo and/or other cleaners? If so, look for evidence of being flooded. I've had a 79 Dodge pickup that had water half way up over the door speakers and even got water in the power steering pump from driving it out of the high water but everything ended up ok. The water even evaporated out of the pump. My wife's car (79 Mustang) also got about the same amount of water in it where it was parked at work. It got all the fluids changed and it was ok. Lots more electronics in the new stuff.....be careful and check it really good. Think fine tooth comb over and under it.

Does it have a strong smell of carpet shampoo and/or other cleaners? If so, look for evidence of being flooded. I've had a 79 Dodge pickup that had water half way up over the door speakers and even got water in the power steering pump from driving it out of the high water but everything ended up ok. The water even evaporated out of the pump. My wife's car (79 Mustang) also got about the same amount of water in it where it was parked at work. It got all the fluids changed and it was ok. Lots more electronics in the new stuff.....be careful and check it really good. Think fine tooth comb over and under it.
Any of that should show on an insurance claim.

UPDATE
Thanks for all your comments, I've gone through all the comments
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK and it confirmed my fears.
this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up with a vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report
please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to the report; Get Instant Vehicle History Report
1667210732448.png

If repaired correctly I would have no problem with that. But that's the problem was it done correctly. If not problems may pop up that can be costly to fix.

Didn't those have the spark plug problem or is it new enough to have the cam phase problem that crops up right about the mileage that truck has?

Didn't those have the spark plug problem or is it new enough to have the cam phase problem that crops up right about the mileage that truck has?
If it is a 5.4L 3V it can have both issues. The 04-08 3V motors had 2 piece spark plugs and would break when trying to remove them leaving the tip in the head requiring a special tool to remove it. I know this well as I have done lots of plugs on these. The cam phasers will wear and rattle with high mileage and low oil pressure will cause issues with the system also. Any of these engines that I do timing chains on, I do phaser lockouts and a tuner

Are phaser lockouts and a tuner still legal and not considered enhancers by the EPA? They have started going after shops and suppliers of such items here. They would not be hard to detect even with a simple live data reader.

The lockouts are legal and even Jasper offers reman engines with phaser locks and a 50 state legal programmer

Recently I’ve got a good deal on a used 2015 FORD F650. I was really afraid to buy a pig in a poke, so double checked the dealers, and chose wallwork. I like that there is a service center and a guarantee of a preview with a vehicle inspection report. It helped me a lot.

Back