1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

looking for information about the rear leaf spring traction kits rod hall used to run

Discussion in 'Classic Dodge Trucks - Pre 1981' started by beatersRus, May 14, 2019.

1. beatersRus

beatersRusMember

Dc or MP used to sell a suspension performance kit that was basically a traction bar kit.
    it was a set of plates and hardware and a shock that mounted at an angle to control windup and tramp of the axle.

this would have been sold around the late 70-s thru early 80-s and even one of the mopar mags had a brief blurb about this kit.
    i cannot find it now,but he mentioned it as a upgrade for our mopar cars.

pretty sure Rod Hall of offroad fame used this kit and it was developoed as part of his program.
    ive emailed him asking for info but gotten no reply and they seem to be focused on chevrolets now...sad face.
    ive tried using the Net to find it,but am having no luck,and the only reply i could get on our other forum was for cars,not trucks.

does anyone know or remember what im talking about?
    remember the article?
    know what part number or have an exploded view?

Any help would be appreciated,as most of what ive found is either car related or 4 x 4 related and not the right Generation for our dodges.

2. 7mopar

7moparWell-Known Member

Not sure if your looking for truck or car information.

3. beatersRus

beatersRusMember

erm ...Right!!
    omission on my part im building a 77 d-150 truck,and this package was for the trucks specifically.

4. kiwigtx

kiwigtxInternational Mod Staff Member

I bought a set of Vintage Traction bars from Don @Moparparts at FBBO recently. have not fitted them yet, as I am going to modify my leaf springs at the same time. Not sure if that's exactly what you are after...below is the link to the advert...

SOLD - Vintage Traction Bars

Don is a top notch guy to deal with as well. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • beatersRus

beatersRusMember

• Like Like x 1
      • 7mopar

7moparWell-Known Member

Only thing I could do is go back threw my collection of old Hot Rod. But other than checking forms and keeping up with mail that's about all I have time for till about the middle of June. May have some time after that. But I think I have seen what you are looking for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
        Dismiss Notice