• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

longer studs?

volaredon

Reaction score
working on an 85 D150. I just got some aftermarket rims (not yet sure I am going to use them, trying to decide) that I think I will need some longer wheel studs if I do. I just did the back brakes on this truck and had to replace a couple studs on the RR. at the time I didn't know Id get a set of rims for it (I was actually looking for a set for my Fury when I found these) or ID have looked for longer studs then. I thought the studs "looked" a bit short, even with stock steel rims. Only about a 1/2 a nut's worth of exposed threads beyond the existing studs.
I got lug nuts with these wheels that were used with them when they were on the PO's Ramcharger. but it looks like I might be lucky to get them on by a couple threads max. anyone know an application or a Dorman PN I can use that will fit the splined holes in the axles and have the 1/2-20 thread I need?

richard d woolsey

Reaction score
easy to find out. go to dormans web site, look up your original studs and go to the chart that gives the knurl and length. find a stud close to your knurl, a couple thousands bigger is ok, then find one that is a little longer. real simple.