• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lights

Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer
Reaction score
If anyone has a query about adding lighting, the right way, gimme a yell. I've done a few and can help the uninitiated. I will be up front about the time involved, I find to do the job so it's serious and will not overheat switches, or have lights that vibrate, or have goofy switch locations etc etc the process is a 3 step one. One stint to figure out where and how to mount the lights as some require careful consideration in locating and making brackets and steadies. Another step to figure out switch mounting, and lastly, the wiring issue. All told I find initial light installs on a vehicle you have never done can be a 12 hour deal, hence the 3 stages. It can go quicker depending on the vehicle. Bring me a Focus or a Land Rover :) and it will take half that. A Dodge, Jeep or something, longer.

I love those Saabs. Very tasty. I have a soft spot for those old girls. Nothing else like them on the road.

I love those Saabs. Very tasty. I have a soft spot for those old girls. Nothing else like them on the road.

When they were bought out by the corporation that kills companies, I bailed out. Sadly. I could not be associated with...that company. I think most of us have certain brands that for whatever reason, we loath. Yep, GM is that one for me. Funny, while researching old brands in the US, I found a promising electric car company that GM bought just after WWI and killed, their tact for buying then killing car companies goes deeper than I had realized.

I sure loved my SAAB's too. I had a 78 EMS, the blue 77 GL pictured, an 82 Turbo, a black 85 SPG, and a the red 89 SPG. I still get a hanker-in' for a '77 EMS in Cardinal red every now and then.

Last edited:
The blue '77 was yours? Color me jealous.

Yeah, it was a lot like my "Fifteen hundred dollar special" entry in this forum. I think back in the late 80's it was $900, and needed stuff. In the end it got painted due to someone else hitting it and insurance totalling it (no salvage title though), and it got nice lights, wheels/tires, a rebuilt turbo transmission, reupholstered, and other stuff. It was pretty good when I got orders back to England and had to thin the collection. I heard it ended up in Germany...

Back