• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Light build on a 440 for my Ramcharger

lol ! You and your brother sound just like me and a friend I used to have way back when . We could "never" pull up next to each other and not go for it and he could never beat me . Some of his cars were a 440 69 Dart , 440 66 Belvedere , 440 68 Runner , 440 68 Charger , just to name a few . My main car was my 69 440 8 bbl. Charger but I also had at the time a 69 383 Runner , 79 440 lil red , 66 383 Charger , 70 383 Dart etc. As far as your Ramcharger being his best bet ? You never know , My 440 lil red ran mid 12's with what I consider a very mild build . I know your Ramcharger is heaver then a pick up , but if you do it right , Well like I said , "you never know" . lol

He should beat my Ramcharger. His best bet against my Dart will be a bored and stroked 5.7 in his Warlock. That will put out a lot of power. That will be a fun race, but I have 548 ft/lbs of torque and run Caltracs and adjustable racing shocks. I can hook up better than he should. Even if I am out horsepowered, I think I still win that race. Plus I have overdrive with a 200R4 transmission, so my top end is well beyond his. I raced a Mercedes SLK55 AMG the other day. I had him the whole way, but he took me over 140 mph before he gave up!

Back